Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running bad

Options
  • 21-01-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

just out of curiosity what do people find is the best way to deal with when you are ona bad run and to stop you from tilting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Probably best to take a few days break from playing but if you are going to continue playing I find some feel good music always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Playing a different game helps. If I go a bit off on a cash game I'll switch to S&G or tourney. Maybe even play a bit of micro stakes Omaha. And finally I'll go play WoW for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

running really bad for about a week and a half and have blown half my roll. think i'l have to move down levels. going to take a break for a few days and get back into it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sit at 5/10 plo hu

double up once or twice

hit n run

profit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

move down immediately!!

also half ur roll is quite a lot and you prob should have moved before now..

Also be honest with your criticism of yourself. I always find when I'm running bad I'm also playing bad.. Post some hands in the theory section for analysis and have a good look at your PT/HM stats and see if you can see a problem... sometimes others will see it quicker..

Running + playing bad = running worse = playing worse = busto...

Act Now is my advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

This might help

http://www.pokerroad.com/cash_plays/4-15-08/container.html

and if it doesent its not a bad listen anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Macspower wrote: »
    move down immediately!!

also half ur roll is quite a lot and you prob should have moved before now..

Also be honest with your criticism of yourself. I always find when I'm running bad I'm also playing bad.. Post some hands in the theory section for analysis and have a good look at your PT/HM stats and see if you can see a problem... sometimes others will see it quicker..

Running + playing bad = running worse = playing worse = busto...

Act Now is my advice

This!

I'm playing sh!te this week, and dropped about 10 BIs the past two days. Combination of playing bad and running bad, and also not stopping when I should!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

redtube

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Mellor wrote: »
    redtube

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Going through your DB looking for leaks is always a good way to check up on your game to see if you're playing badly or just running badly and that should hopefully help with any tilt, personally if I know if I'm just running badly, missing draws, losing big pots with AA v KK etc. etc. it helps with the tilt because then I know to just keep doing what I'm doing (hopefully after also picking up a few leaks too) because then I know that it should all come around in the end. But certainly dropping down a level should be done if your roll is in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055452658

I was going through the same problem recently and it really was terrible. Lost all enthusiasm for the game so I took a few days break and came back to it. Im playing it less and less lately tbh and dont have the same feeling towards poker that I used. Maybe it will come back I dont know but Im positive a few days break is a priority when you're on a bad run. I certainly wouldnt be able to play through it. Hope it turns around for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Mellor wrote: »
    redtube
    have ya seen tnaflix yet.. much better than redtube!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I've been watching some videos instead of playing, just to reinstill the basics! Less playing, more studying for a few days. Hopefully that should get me back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 classic eclipse

kennyrsb wrote: »
    This might help

http://www.pokerroad.com/cash_plays/4-15-08/container.html

and if it doesent its not a bad listen anyway ;)

Is this radio guy crazy or cookie typical americans anyone else belive he works for the us goverment.$$$
    Would this stuff work brainwashing americans to go and pay more tax thats total nonsense
    what made kenny give this guy advertiseing are you jokeing kenny?

i have just got pokertracker and want to ask people about my stats. i play 6 handed sit n goes. i have results filtered to between 5 and 6 players. my vpip is 27.7. i think that is a bit high? my pfr is 18.38. won when saw flop is 47.86. went to showdown percentage is 36.98. wsd is 51.57. af is 3.97. 3 bet is 8.67. folded to 3bet 59.55. att to steal is 39.55. fold bb to steal is 51.35 and folded sb to steal is 77.36 . are these bad? didnt want to start another thread hope ya dont mind me posting it in here! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I don't know much about sit n go's but if that's just your stats for 5/6 handed then they seem crazy loose. You're also calling way too many raises, your VPIP and PFR should be quite close to each other, you should try avoiding calling raises and instead 3 betting or folding as much as you can. Also you're involved way way too much. generally SNG strategy is to play like a nit early on then look for good steal spots later on, no? Like I said I don't play SNGs so I'm not an expert but they seem way too loose to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Slash/ED wrote: »
    I don't know much about sit n go's but if that's just your stats for 5/6 handed then they seem crazy loose. You're also calling way too many raises, your VPIP and PFR should be quite close to each other, you should try avoiding calling raises and instead 3 betting or folding as much as you can. Also you're involved way way too much. generally SNG strategy is to play like a nit early on then look for good steal spots later on, no? Like I said I don't play SNGs so I'm not an expert but they seem way too loose to me.

this^^^ is def correct my vpip is 12 and my pfr is 8 in SnG's,
    all you have to do is nit it up like slashed/ED said.
    also read the STT forum at 2+2

edit: also put in sh!t loads of volume

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    sit at 5/10 plo hu

double up once or twice

hit n run

profit

forget bout hit and run just keep playing = profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

Is this radio guy crazy or cookie typical americans anyone else belive he works for the us goverment.$$$
    Would this stuff work brainwashing americans to go and pay more tax thats total nonsense
    what made kenny give this guy advertiseing are you jokeing kenny?

.....what? think you might be a bit paranoid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 classic eclipse

Call it what you like Just simple I dont trust that Guy or you for that matter ...so who are you kenny a goverment agent aka the taxman really im just intrested do taxmen advertise on the net now lol funny bunch

Advertisement