Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 - Scoring from half way line

Options
  • 21-01-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

Jesus fúcking christ how annoying is this. I get myself a class goal, then at kick off some little fecker just shoots from kick off and scores.

This has happened to me about 8 times in the last few games I've played. Either the keeper is too far out and the ball drops in, or for some stupid reason the keeper goes into the goal and catches the ball, an OG.

How can you stop this? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I've never, never, never see this happening in 09. In about 100 attempts against me, I've only ever once conceeded a corner (and I was a ****e team).

All the other attempts have gone high, wide and not at all handsome, or straight into the keepers hands.

Video please, or it didn't happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah it's been happening to me since I started playing the game online with no success, but in the last few days they have been lashing them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Very strange, unless its with Alonso who's long shot stats are amazing, I dont see how this is possible at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do you hhold the Y button for your keeper to come out?

Because it's never happened to me and a lot of people have tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Xbox360 or PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Never had it happen to me either! that's just mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I scored two since I got the game (against the computer) but they weren't shots they were really really long lobs and I was actually trying to cross it both times. Still felt pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

it happened e once ps3. ball bounced over keepers head. i didnt bring him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

i do have others try this against me but it never goes anywhere near going in. However, last week, was playing Be A Pro 2v2 and my compadre hit one from the tip off and scored. We won 1-0. needlees to say we got the complimentry abusive message afterwards!! A wins a win

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

it happens a good bit in fairness considering...

played someone once who kept trying it and i thought 'what's the point that'll never work'

alas in our second game it worked. so i've been trying it now and then myself and have scored one and conceded another that way since

it's worth a pop if you concede close to half time etc

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Happened to me just before, for some reason my keeper was way off his line and it just went over him.. didn't press triangle or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

not once on the XBox for fifa09 but a lot on fifa08, what platform OP ?

i play a lot of online with the same guy and he was a c%^t for shooting form the off, if I was liverpool V United then the liverpool players were standing off the United players tipping off. THat gave him the time he needed to shoot and he had it dowm to a fine art. Since fifa 09 he cannot get close at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

It has happened to me a good few times as well have ended up losing a few games this way. Ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Happened again today, 3 times.

Ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Was it a lob or just a full power shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I've had a load of people trying this but nobody scored yet,

I presume its a glitch in the game??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

class i never seen it happen. Now im gonna be trying it from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

seanybiker wrote: »
    class i never seen it happen. Now im gonna be trying it from now on
    haha me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

haha me too!
    Lol. Now i wanna score it against you ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I've had a load of people trying this but nobody scored yet,

I presume its a glitch in the game??

I think its more of a lob rather than a shot when your around the halfway line the keeper is usually around the penalty spot so it can be chipped over him if hit right. Saying that though I have never managed to do it only tried a few times though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think this thread has been a bit of a jinx!!

First match in the boards club game last night, Inter kicked off took a shot and it went in over our Argentinian keeper!! I was in shock!! I had to watch the replay to belive it actually went in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It was a big problem in FIFA 08, goals often flew in. In FIFA 09 i have never conceded one, but it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

i often try it if i'm been hammered in a match and i'm repeating tipping off, probably tried it a few hundred times, only ever scored once,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

darraghjm wrote: »
    i often try it if i'm been hammered in a match and i'm repeating tipping off, probably tried it a few hundred times, only ever scored once,

Im pretty sure you tried it against me yesterday

just remembered i score this goal a while back

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1580201

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I'm gonna try that youtube tip, I have tried and couldn't get a goal from far out:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

had a guy rattle the crossbar with Ronaldo from kick off in a match the other day that's the closest anyone has been in a game against me.

Advertisement