Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can fully qualified secondary school teachers work in a primary school?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Im a fully qualified History and geography teacher but am finding it exptremly hard to get decent hours anyway. If I was to apply for primary substitution positions would i just be wasting my time, or would i have any hope whatsoever. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Can't comment on hope but more hope than a non-qualified teacher with no experience anyway. So say my aunt and mother, both principals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sunflower!

hey im in a similar position i am a qualified history and cspe teacher but was getting mostly primary subbing i was applying for resource, language support and learning support in primary schools as well as secondary jobs. You dont need irish and i have tefl qualification too, so it was worth a shot, i got loads of subbing in primary and as of monday have a temp position as resource teacher in a primary school until the end of june at least so you should put cv's in everywhere you definitely wouldn't be wasting your time!! good luck :)

Advertisement