Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry-when can you build?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, say someone is listed on the Land Registry as being the owner of a property in say 1/02/04, what would be the case if they produced an invoice as proof of building works that were done to that house in February 2003. I know they were not living there at that time, they just got a dodgy invoice done up to try and take advantage of a plannng loophole. So to get to the point, can they contest the Land Registry document? Can he say he did these works to this house if he is not listed as the owner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no idea to be honest, maybe the construction & planning forum could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't really see where Dublin City comes into this. Moved to C & P.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

Apologies, home and garden was the last place I would have looked for that link, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Sounds like a legal question.
    I know from experience it can take a while for the land regisrty to change the name of the landowner of a site.

Best ask a Solicitor or enquire with the Land Registry regarding time they normally take to change all deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It is a legal question.

melbourne, contact a solicitor.

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement