Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 kids, another on the way; Child seat question.

Options
  • 21-01-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

As the title says - I drive a big car an 83 merc estate, but I have trouble getting three seats in the back. What do people think of these...

www.multimac.co.uk

It's a 3/4 in one child seat that fits kids up to 12 - I DON'T want to drive a van!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

looks very good, but it might be cheaper to retro-fit rear facing seats in the boot like a W124 if this is possible. Try http://www.w124.co.uk/. They also know a company that can install a 3-point belt instead of the central lap belt.
    Key disadvantage to the multilac is there is no real option of putting adults in there with the childen, which you can do with individual seats. but it doesn't use any boot-space which is good. It is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭w123

I already have the two extra seats to fit in the boot, just haven't got around to it. I'm thinking of trips with a full boot, holidays, shopping and the like, I don't want to go down the route of a roof box either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Brave person who goes shopping with 2 kids & a baby!
    For holidays, if you have a tow-bar you can get luggage boxes that attached to the tow-bar (see Thule's website) or a small trailer.

The only thing that would annoy me about the multimax, apart from the high price, is if I have to keep putting it in and out depending on what your doing (e.g. to drop the seats, give adults lifts etc.) But if thats not a problem for you, then it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

A freind of mine sent me on a link to those a few weeks ago and I was might impressed. I haven't seen them in action but they sertainly do look impressive. We have three kids ourselves with three seperate seats in the hack of the can and eventhough they fit ok, it's still a bit messy.

That said, I'm after looking at their prices now and they're very freggin expensive.... Over a grand sterling for the 3 seat one. That's fairly steep,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

These look interesting, are they safe, and can they connect to isofix ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Thanks for posting that link, i didn't even know these existed! I'll be keeping an eye to see if anyone has any experience of using these, with 3 kids and 1 more on the way, i've resigned to the fact that i am gonna have to get a 7 seater but, these are an interesting option! :D

From looking at the site, I don't think that they fit to the isofix - a atrap is attached to the cental seatbelt mount and they attach to that. They're allegedly pretty easy to remove if you need to give a lift to an adult, take them out and throw them in the boot. Regarding price - ANY price is worth it if you don't have to drive a van! Having said that I think installation would just about double the value of my car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

you should be able to fit 3 seats in a W123....

I have had a W123 and currently have a W124 estate and I fitted the rear seats and belts myself. Not too difficult.

There is a kit to fit a full centre belt but it needs to be anchored on the floor of the boot which means (as far as I can see) that you can't use the +2 seats.

3ps wrote: »
    you should be able to fit 3 seats in a W123....
    QUOTE]

I can fit them all right - it's just a pain getting the belts closed - also the centre belt, as you know, is just a lap belt - and the back seat is a little tired, sot the other two seats lean in, as is the whole car - but I love it, 85 bhp - eats petrol - begining to rust - loads of bits not working - I still love it - never lets me down and looks great.

Advertisement