Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I applied to UCAS 2 weeks ago but......

Options
  • 21-01-2009 2:45pm

I still haven't got a welcome letter.Freaking out slightly.Has everybody received their welcome letter already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

I still haven't got a welcome letter.Freaking out slightly.Has everybody received their welcome letter already?

just ring them up and asked what is up, everything will be alrite? its prob just a high intake of applications and it takes alot longer for students in the republic to reiceve these letters? sure i didnt recieve my enrolment letter for 1st yr until the first week of term

Cheers regob.Thats reassuring!:)

I cna only hope I get an unconditional offer.

i wouldnt get your hopes up for that, its not that likely the majority of unconditional offers go to student who have sat the leaving cert prior to their ucas application? what course and were are you planning to go?

regob wrote: »
    i wouldnt get your hopes up for that, its not that likely the majority of unconditional offers go to student who have sat the leaving cert prior to their ucas application? what course and were are you planning to go?

I am actually at the end of a science degree majoring in Chemistry.I want to do Pharmacy and hopefully go to Queens,Robert Gordon or Strathclyde.

I am actually at the end of a science degree majoring in Chemistry.I want to do Pharmacy and hopefully go to Queens,Robert Gordon or Strathclyde.

oops sorry you should be alrite then, unconditional offer coming your way

• Advertisement

regob wrote: »
    oops sorry you should be alrite then, unconditional offer coming your way

Really.Wow,if I got that,I would be delighted.:)

Really.Wow,if I got that,I would be delighted.:)

keep me informed, but definetly ring them as your first port of call

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah I got a letter last week and I've gotten confirmation of application from two of the unis so ring up pronto! And good luck!

Hey guys, I rang them up and I have received confirmation now.So happy out.Now if only I see an unconditional offer some day soon.The everything would be perfect.

Hey guys, I rang them up and I have received confirmation now.So happy out.Now if only I see an unconditional offer some day soon.The everything would be perfect.

thats great news i hope the unconditional offer comes asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

I'm (hopefully) gonna do pharmacy after my chemistry degree too. I've been givin conditional offers from RGU (2.1) and Strathclyde (1st class honours :eek:). I can't make up my mind which to firmly accept though. I've heard good things about RGU and it's full of irish. Haven't heard much about strath, glasgow's supposed to be a bit dodgy though. Problem is, strathclyde said they might let me skip first year if I get in, RGU said they definitely won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim131

Edible wrote: »
    I'm (hopefully) gonna do pharmacy after my chemistry degree too. I've been givin conditional offers from RGU (2.1) and Strathclyde (1st class honours :eek:). I can't make up my mind which to firmly accept though. I've heard good things about RGU and it's full of irish. Haven't heard much about strath, glasgow's supposed to be a bit dodgy though. Problem is, strathclyde said they might let me skip first year if I get in, RGU said they definitely won't.

Strathclyde, has a great reputation! I'm applying there my self for computer science, I got a prospectus (you can order it form their website) and it helped a good but, it seems to have great facilities and student union. I don't think Glasgow is as bad as people make out to be, just don't where you Celtic jersey in a Rangers area and you should be fine. Good luck!

Edible wrote: »
    When did you apply,neither of the two scottish unis have replied but I only sent mine on 14th of January.I was told last year that if I applied on time that I would have got a place.I am hoping the fact that I got a high 2.1 last year and my hospital experience would get me a decent offer.

I recieved an offer from brighton but it is not on my ucas yet.I am confused.Does that mean they mistakenly gave me a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

I applied early November. You should get into RGU with a 2.1. Btw there's an open day thingy for RGU Pharmacy in dublin (?) on 18th March in the academy plaza hotel off o connell street at 10:30 then again at 14:00. That's weird that UCAS didn't update re Brighton. Go to scotland though, you don't have to pay over there if you're Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I recieved an offer from brighton but it is not on my ucas yet.I am confused.Does that mean they mistakenly gave me a place?

The system does funny things sometimes. I checked my UCAS account and saw I got an offer from UEL but didn't get an email from UCAS about the change until a few hours later.

They probably just haven't updated the system yet. Congrats btw!

Larianne wrote: »
    The system does funny things sometimes. I checked my UCAS account and saw I got an offer from UEL but didn't get an email from UCAS about the change until a few hours later.

They probably just haven't updated the system yet. Congrats btw!

Got 2:1 conditional offer from RGU just there.Delighted.

Got 2:1 conditional offer from RGU just there.Delighted.

Conditionals from Queens and Brighton too.Rejections from Liverpool and Strathclyde which really isn't ideal.

brilliant congrats

Advertisement