Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to Water Heat Pumps

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering, what is the smallest Air to Water Heat Pump on the market?
    Is there such a thing as a mini air to water heat pump that has an output of between 1-3 KW?

Any advice would be grateful.

Regards,

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Hi Baz, I'm not usually a great fan of heat pumps unless the energy for them is coming from renewables. Great that 1kw or electricity gives 3kw of heat, but the ESB burns 2.5kw of coal or gas to generate 1kw or electricity, and sometimes more is lost in the grid. Enough of the rant though... Maybe you have a renewable supply..:o

There is a very small unit for sale in the UK which you will find here - For STG£690, it won't burn your fingers, and it might warm your home. Input is 1.3kw and heat output is 3.7kw. However, this is an air - to - air system, whereas I think you wanted air to water.

Good luck with that,

Quentin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bazza76

Hi Baz, I'm not usually a great fan of heat pumps unless the energy for them is coming from renewables. Great that 1kw or electricity gives 3kw of heat, but the ESB burns 2.5kw of coal or gas to generate 1kw or electricity, and sometimes more is lost in the grid. Enough of the rant though... Maybe you have a renewable supply..:o

There is a very small unit for sale in the UK which you will find here - For STG£690, it won't burn your fingers, and it might warm your home. Input is 1.3kw and heat output is 3.7kw. However, this is an air - to - air system, whereas I think you wanted air to water.

Good luck with that,

Quentin.
    Hi Quentin,

thanks for reply mate.
    Would be using renewables yes, well, looking to use heat in an atic in the heat pump. then using that heat to give the hot water system a boost.
    thanks for the link mate, will check it out.
    If you have any other ideas, I am all ears.

Regards,

Baz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

bazza76 wrote: »
    Hi Quentin,

thanks for reply mate.
    Would be using renewables yes, well, looking to use heat in an atic in the heat pump. then using that heat to give the hot water system a boost.
    thanks for the link mate, will check it out.
    If you have any other ideas, I am all ears.

Regards,

Baz.

you don't mind me asking but how are you going to put this unit in the attic when you live in an apartment??? from your other thread about heating an apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bazza76

robtri wrote: »
    you don't mind me asking but how are you going to put this unit in the attic when you live in an apartment??? from your other thread about heating an apartment?
    Not at all mate.
    It is not for my apartment :handshake:

Advertisement