Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip

Options
  • 21-01-2009 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi how is everyone? I have applied for the Postgraduate Diploma in education in NUIM and I was wondering how does one go about sorting out getting teaching experience in a school? Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Wait till you get an offer in April.

Then write to/call into as many principals as possible within commuting distance of NUIM.

If you have any connections with a school - the school you went to, one you might have subbed in etc that should be your first port of call.

It can be difficult sometimes to organise a school, but you'll get something!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

Thanks, so it is just asking principals. Much Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Once you get the offer be very quick, particularly if you are doing it in UCD and would like a school relativly close to the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

do it asap when u get your offer. even before that if you have ties with schools. I left it pretty late this year, I wasn't even fully sure of the process so was very lucky to end up getting a school. Also, I have heard of people having to turn down the offer because they did not get a place to do their TP. Not saying that to scare you, just make sure you don't forget about it or anything!good luck

Advertisement