Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware update on 3 E169G modem

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Lads

This **** modem keeps disconnecting, going from 500k/sec speeds to 0kbs.

Have to constantly disconnect and connect it, to resume functionality

The firmware is 11.314.10.51.156 and its an old version apparently, but I need a password to update with new firmware.

Do I have to call 3 to get a password ? *weeps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You don't need to unlock the modem to update the firmware, and I'm not sure what password it would need either.

Firmwares are sometimes available on the Hauwei website, or maybe from Three's. You should contact Three about the problem. It may not even be the modem, as Three have been known to be very, very poor when it comes to reliability, speed, service, availability, quality, usability, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any 3G/HSDPA network can do what you are experiencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

You do need to unlock the modem.

when I ran the updated firmware (got from optus) it asked for a password.

Has anyone debranded/updated firmware on this modem?

The speeds drop from like 300k/sec to 0

all the time, surely this is not normal, I dont thin vodafone users experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What is optus? These are the firmwares for the E169. I've never heard of an operator lock effecting the firmware update process.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

jor el wrote: »
    What is optus? These are the firmwares for the E169. I've never heard of an operator lock effecting the firmware update process.
    Optus are an Australian mobile operator. That link does not link to firmwares, they are the dashboard software and drivers.

I too am trying to update my 3 E169 but can't get past the password lock on the firmware setup. My E169 is unlocked can verify that the sim lock has no relation to the firmware lock. Must be a new thing Huawei are doing with their firmwares to stop people updating without operator consent. I tried installing the latest dashboard too but that had no affect on the firmware lock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement