Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hypnosis... to stop smoking

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

does any know where there is a good hypnosis... in offaly. me and boyfriend are thinking of goin off the fags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

This isn't really a reply to your post, more a verification that some of these remedies can work. My brother is 40, smoking since he was maybe 16. He lives in Amsterdam and about 4 months ago he got laser treatment to stop him smoking. He hasn't had a fag since. He said the guy stuck lasers in his ears and elsewhere, but he actually thinks he was probably really hypnotised. Also, I thought maybe it was the fact that he'd spent money on this that stopped him smoking, but was only 150 euro, so not really enough to stop you in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

frecklier wrote: »
    He said the guy stuck lasers in his ears and elsewhere, but he actually thinks he was probably really hypnotised.

If that's the case, the lasers in his ears were merely to distract the conscious mind while the guy gave hypnotic suggestions to stop smoking to the unconscious mind.

Since hypnosis is merely the use of language to influence change, you can basically apply it to any situation. Amongst the first professionals to use it were dentists (look up hypnodontics), who used it to induce anesthesia so that less medication needed to be used. They also used it to temporarily eliminate the patient's gagging reflex, which can make dental procedures difficult or even impossible.

Heavymetalrock - You might want to check out http://www.quantumleaps.ie/ - it's the site of Sara
    Haboubi, a hypnotist based in Edenderry, Offaly. I don't know her but she's very nearby and I'm sure it'd be worthwhile giving her a call.

Hope that helps,

Paul

Advertisement