Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Help

Options
  • 20-01-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I installed an Astec 49 DV alarm system in my house about a month ago. All was going well untill this weekend. When I returned home the alarm was going off and the panel told me that there was a tamper on 2 of the Infrared PIRs. NOw when I go to any of the PIRS they do not flash red as they used to before the weekend.
    I disconnected all PIRS and factory reset the alarm system and the keypad. I then reconnected 1 PIR and reprogrammed it into the system. There are now no tamper errors but the PIR still does not flash red when I move in front of it.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

enter engineer & 70
    does it show 1-2-3?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Hi Koolkid,
    When I use command 70 I can see that there is one PIR on CH1 and 0 on CH2 and 0 on CH3 which is correct as I only have one PIR connected at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from DIY.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could the link for led on/off have fallen off ?
    What about the link for low gain?
    Have you tried the other pirs on their own?
    Are all your PiRs on seperate cables or on the one cable?
    With them all disconnected try add them to the system one by one on a short lenght of cable directly into the panel.
    Remember its best to leave for a minute or 2 after connecting them before entering command 70. Also the PiRs have to be free of movement for the panel to detect them

Hi Koolkid,

PIRS are on diffrenet channels. I tried to connect a PIR to chanel 3 there and now the system says there is 1 PIR on chanel 3 but it somehow lost the PIR on channel 1.

After reading the manual I just see that to factory reset the system you need to take off the factory reset jumper while the system has no power going to it and boot up with the jumper off. I didn't do this and will not be able to do it untill the weekend as the external bell will go off and I do not want to annow the neighbours.

The manual says that there may be a processor lock if there was a power problem due to lightning etc.

We has a lightning storm here at the weekend so that may have caused it so I will do a full factory reset at the weekend to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Try the methods above to eliminate a few things & let me know how it goes for you.
    How many PiRs have you in total? You may get out with 2 of the channels.

Only have 4 PIRS. Tried 2 seperate PIRS on short cables on different channels and no joy.
    Same issue no Red light and system only picks 1 up at a time.

foxirl wrote: »
    Only have 4 PIRS. Tried 2 seperate PIRS on short cables on different channels and no joy.
    Same issue no Red light and system only picks 1 up at a time.

Doesn't look good I'm afraid:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 flyfree

49 DV....ie. 4 perimeter zones, 9 IR zones.

With the astec you can connect 3 PIRs per channel, so you should have 3 PIRs on first channel and one on second. The jumpers must be connected differntly in each PIR on the same channel, so on channel you will have a jumper on number one for first PIR zone, number two for second PIR zone, number three for third PIR zone, on second channel on number one for forth PIR zone etc.

Please check with your insurance company for cover if intruder alarm is not installed by a PSA licenced installer.

I disconnected all pirs this morning and rebooted the pannel with the factory jumper of to reset the whole panel. I then added 1 PIR to Channel 1 with a short length of cable. The keypad picked it up using command 70. However there was no LED lighting to signfy movemnet on the PIR.

I then connected the next PIR with another short length of cable to CH2 and once again treh keypad picked it up with command 70. Still no red lights on PIR though.

I then connected a PIR to channel 3 with a short cable. Now keypad says that no PIRS are connected.

I then disconnected teh PIR from CH 3 and now the keypad says only one PIR is connected even though there is on on CH1 and one on CH2.

Is the Panel busted. If this is teh case will Astec replace it as I only have it about a month. Will give them a ring on Monday to see what they say!

• Advertisement

Definitly sounds like the panel is blown. If its only a month old they should replace it for you . They are easy going enough in there. I wouldn't mention the storm though. ;)

Cheers Koolkid

I sent you a PM on this.

Advertisement