Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I NEED A 4 DAY POKER STRATEGY

Options
  • 20-01-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Heading to Las Vegas for a stag party for 4 days soon. Lookin at spending about 1500EUR on Hold 'em.
    I normally play 6 seater tournaments and come 2nd more often than not. Play pretty conservatively alot of the time.
    The problem is i reckon now that i ll be playing at bigger tables my reading of the type of hands that can be out there will be a bit off.

I dont even know if its a better idea to play at cash tables as i tend to get tired of them pretty quick.
    Any advice from anyone who has been there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

spend your money on hookers instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Practice with 10 seat tables online, there is a noticable difference in playing 10 a 6 seater tables

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Don't be conservative. It's Vegas after all, stick the whole 1500 yo yo's on number 14 at the roulette wheel. It's been statiscally proven that this number comes up more than any other number, just make sure that it hasn't come up in the last four spins as no number will ever come up twice in five spins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Start plaing 0.01/0.02 full ring to get used to the stlye of play you'll be up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Lao Lao wrote: »
    no number will ever come up twice in five spins

Except that time in the SE with the two zeros. Haven't played roulette since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

just put the 1500 on red.... head to saphire with your winnins and have a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭poker--addict

lads he wants to play poker not roulette...so if u dont know dont comment
    sorry mate i dont know table limits/tournament entry fees etc...
    what i would say is this...
    u said"i have 1500 to SPEND"...rephrase...i have 1500 to gamble with and TRY make money..if u plan on losing..u will....:cool:

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

They're brutal at 1/2 over in Vegas, just play tight for the first few hours and suss it out. Anyone half decent at poker can get a much better edge playing 1/2 over there than the house games. If you're gonna drink and gamble just go with roulette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Don't be conservative. It's Vegas after all, stick the whole 1500 yo yo's on number 14 at the roulette wheel. It's been statiscally proven that this number comes up more than any other number, just make sure that it hasn't come up in the last four spins as no number will ever come up twice in five spins

Don't listen to this fellow....not a clue. Its 19 you should be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

if u dont know dont comment

sorry mate i dont know table limits/tournament entry fees etc...

It's like a no smoking sign on your cigarette break.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Wish I could help but I only have 3 day poker strategies, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

pipelaser wrote: »
    Heading to Las Vegas for a stag party for 4 days soon. Lookin at spending about 1500EUR on Hold 'em.
    I normally play 6 seater tournaments and come 2nd more often than not. Play pretty conservatively alot of the time.
    The problem is i reckon now that i ll be playing at bigger tables my reading of the type of hands that can be out there will be a bit off.

I dont even know if its a better idea to play at cash tables as i tend to get tired of them pretty quick.
    Any advice from anyone who has been there?

Don't bother with tourneys, either single seater or multi-table. The STTs all have a ridic structure, and the MTTs will take too long out of your day - it is a stag weekend after all.

Play a couple of hours of $1/$2 cash each day instead, when you have free time. Don't worry about boredom, it won't happen as there'll always be 'characters' at your table.
    $1/$2 in Vegas standard is a bit like PlayMoney on Stars.

It's like a no smoking sign on your cigarette break.......

excuse me i offered d guy decent advice..not to presume he wil lose...
    nothin stupid like number 14 comes up more then any other number..or horse **** like that....or spend it on hookers..d lad asked about poker...so if ur not going to give him advice whats point in stupid comments...:mad:so if u have nothin constructive to add go and sudge urslef:D

😎

RedJoker wrote: »
    Wish I could help but I only have 3 day poker strategies, sorry.

another great helpful reply:confused:

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Lao Lao wrote:
    It's been statiscally proven that this number comes up more than any other number, just make sure that it hasn't come up in the last four spins as no number will ever come up twice in five spins
    Except that time in the SE with the two zeros. Haven't played roulette since.

Amazing. Watched a friend stick 20 bucks on ZERO in Foxwoods about 15 years ago. It hit and she asked "let it ride?". He laughed, took all but 2 chips off and it hit again. She winked at him " let it ride this time?" He took all but 2 chips off and it hit again. He took all the chips off and she said, "I'd let it ride". "I'll quit while I'm ahead" he said. Guess what? It hit. 4 zeros in a row. That live roulette is rigged I tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Guys.. why the heck do you all have to be so obtuse? can you not just give the person a proper reply? I would hate to be a newbie around now as no one at all seems to give a straight helpful answer.

OP, I cannot help as I have never been to Vegas. Enjoy it anyway and remember first and foremost its a stag and enjoy that and put poker second ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

excuse me i offered d guy decent advice..not to presume he wil lose...
    nothin stupid like number 14 comes up more then any other number..or horse **** like that....or spend it on hookers..d lad asked about poker...so if ur not going to give him advice whats point in stupid comments...:mad:so if u have nothin constructive to add go and sudge urslef:D

The title is in caps lock. What type of responses is he expecting to get?

"The problem is i reckon now that i ll be playing at bigger tables my reading of the type of hands that can be out there will be a bit off."

How are we supposed to help with that, nobody has a clue how he reads hands in his usual games to compare. He doesn't even know what games he'll be playing in yet, are we supposed to outline every possible hand range people will play in all the games at every stake? Why don't we just outline everything you need to know to beat poker while we're at it?

"I dont even know if its a better idea to play at cash tables as i tend to get tired of them pretty quick.
    Any advice from anyone who has been there? "

So we're supposed to tell him what games he'd be good at or what games he'd enjoy (it wasn't specified) based on the knowledge that he's come second in a couple of 6 seater sitngos and he finds cash games boring?

hmmmmm......this is a tough one. Maybe don't play cash games and try to find a format as close to 6 seater sitngos as possible. Mind blowing.
    another great helpful reply:confused:

The thread topic is too vague and impossible to answer, if I want to post a bad joke in a pointless thread I'll do it. And the roulette discussion has more content then anything you've posted in this thread.

I'm with Joker on this one, thats why I suggested playing 10 seater... thats all that can be suggested... I also suggest this thread be archived under comedy!!

john47832 wrote: »
    I'm with Joker on this one, thats why I suggested playing 10 seater... thats all that can be suggested... I also suggest this thread be archived under comedy!!

If the OP is too vague or not making sense, surely you could just say that to him rather than take the pi$$?

No urine being extracted here...

• Advertisement

john47832 wrote: »
    No urine being extracted here...

I was generalising, not meaning you in particular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

If the OP is too vague or not making sense, surely you could just say that to him rather than take the pi$$?
    I'm gonna just lock this up. The OP is too vague, if he wants to come back and start a new thread with more info feel free, but as it stands he can do what he wants to with his money. Personally on a stag I wouldn't be playing much Poker!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement