Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing up a Discovery Mk 1 200tdi

Options
  • 20-01-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I bought a mk 1 Discovery in pretty decent condition (would nearly say excellent actually) last week.

94 with 135,000 miles on the clock. Thing is tight as a drum

SO I want to do this thing up as my occasional off roader (not madly off road mind, rather some rough green laning.)

I would like to get a 2" lift kit, replace all the bushes while I am at it and get wider off road wheels and tyres.

Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get this stuff without being screwed on price.

I have looked at a few UK websites such as mm-4x4.com and they have exactly what I want and for a price I am willing to pay but I have e-mailed them twice now asking for a quote on delivery and no reply.

I know I could just ring them but I am a little wary of them now after e-mailing them twice with no reply. I am not mad about that kind of customer service so am looking elsewhere.

So any decent suppliers of Land Rover off road equipment in Ireland and if so can someone give me contact details for them.

Veg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Forget Ireland as far as parts are concerned, and with Stg being so weak at the moment it is a no brainer.
    I bought 5 tyres for my Landcruiser just after xmas for £107 stg each and £10 for delivery for each tyre which worked out about €120ish per tyre
    The same tyre here was €190 fitted.
    Parts are much cheaper over and there is a huge choice, Lift kits, Polybush kits etc are all available especially for the disco.
    Try Milners they are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ive bought loads from MM4x4 and they calculate shipping when you check out if I remember correctly, its usually fairly cheap, Id recomend them.. I got the wrong part once and they had no problem taking it back and didnt even charge me shipping on the replacement..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

I've also used MM 4x4 a few times as well as Simonites and Paddocks. Even Ebay dealers for some parts.
    Have you any pictures of the disco, it's rare for a 94 not to have the dreaded rust worm somewere in the rear.
    I've had a few disco's over the years, they are very capable off road, just be carefull with the 2" lift as you will be putting a strain on he drive shaft and the Disco has a rubber doughnut on the rear shaft that kept going on one of mine.
    Also, if you plan to use it on the roads, handling at speed with a lift can be hairy:D

Let us know how your getting one with the mods to her and PICTURES PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

In the end I just put wheels and tyres on her.

I don't have any pics at the minute but I will get some.

The guy I bought the Disco from had it imported and luckily someone had the foresight to seal it underneath so its not too bad on rust at all.

I had my brother waxoyl it there a week or 2 ago and he was surprised it wasn't worse.

Its only used as a shooting vehicle which means about 20-30 miles a week.

Advertisement