Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I recycle some old server machines?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I have some very ancient machines from my office that need recycling as well as a load of other random computer gear. None of it is usable, and it all fits into the back of a 7-seater car.

We went up to Ballyogan recycling centre yesterday and they wouldn't take most of the stuff as it was 'commercial', but we're not a retailer so I can't register for the WEEE thing ( I got onto Dublin Waste and they didn't know what I should do..), any suggestions what I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I got these guys to recycle my stuff. It was only a few hundred euro and I got rid of a fair bit of kit including some huge IBM servers, laptops crts etc.

http://www.electronic-recycling.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Thanks, I'll contact those guys.

It would be great to get it done free though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah I know but those recycling centres only seem to take white good real "household" applicances.
    Even your rubbish costs money! Living the dream onechewy, we're living the dream....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

hi
    try these guys
    www.camara.ie
    its a chartiy they might cut you a deal

Advertisement