Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Joker Poker Website

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello all,

I need some advice. :mad:

I was playing in the satelite game on Sunday for the European Deepstack Poker Championship II. ( 100 dollor rebuy tourney) and I got locked out of my account during the game. I was running great at the time 3rd in chips and only 7 left.

I contacted Blue square and they said it was because of a security check that was required, me sending in a copy of my Passport, a ulitility bill etc.

I had only set up the account that day to play in this satelite. They said they could do nothing for me, which was a pain in the arse.

I contacted them again yesterday after sending in all my info and still no joy. I only set up the account to oplay in these satelites for the European Deepstack Poker Championship II.

They said they were looking into it and could see that i got locked out during the game and would get back to me, which is no good to me as I missed the chance to qualify fot the tourney!!!

Does anyone know who i should contact now??

Is there anything I can do?

Or is green joker pokers website a joke!!!!!!

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

mike at greenjokerpoker dot com

Edit to say, they are certainly not a joke and are very good with customer services.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That's a pretty sick beat. Hope they look after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Hi Andy,

I apologies for the inconvenience that seems to have been caused here. If you can email me the details at mike at greenjokerpoker dot com and I will sort this out for you. Please include a contact phone number also.

Mike Lacey
    Green Joker Poker

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

careca wrote: »
    mike at greenjokerpoker dot com

Edit to say, they are certainly not a joke and are very good with customer services.

lol, they need to get their Poker chat sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

flushje wrote: »
    lol, they need to get their Poker chat sorted.

Fair enough, I was talking about Mike himself rather than support. Should have clarified that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

So you have to verfiy your account before you can start playing, which other sites require you to do this?

funnyname wrote: »
    So you have to verfiy your account before you can start playing, which other sites require you to do this?

Every site, If they do a security check on your card and it fails, they will suspend the account and request verification for the ownership of the card. It passes the security check more often than not obv.

funnyname wrote: »

In some cases you have to verify your account immediately. There are many reasons for this but obviously for security purposes I cannot list them here.

If it is possible then accounts are verified automatically.

Site that I personally have had to wait to play on include Cake, Party, Bodog, Winamax and Bettson.

Most of the requirements are put in place to make sure that we follow the rules of our poker licence. Our particluar licence is based in Alderney and is one of the strictest and safest for players around.

The issue with the OP is regrettable, someone should have noticed he was playing before locking the account, however I will make sure that Andy is sorted out in a satisfactory manner (It was already being dealt with by Bluesquare, their frontline may fail every now and again but once it gets past that there is very rarely a complaint.)

Just a quick one for Andy as I will not be online again until much later in the day, a refund is already being processed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Every site
    wrong

• Advertisement

RoundTower wrote: »
    wrong

Are you saying that some sites dont verify the owner of a credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

not 100% about this but im fairly sure fulltilt dont verify, i deposited with my mates credit card during the summer and as far as i can remember it went straight through, no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Andy2410 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I need some advice. :mad:

I was playing in the satelite game on Sunday for the European Deepstack Poker Championship II. ( 100 dollor rebuy tourney) and I got locked out of my account during the game. I was running great at the time 3rd in chips and only 7 left.

You should have got a friend to log in for you at this point, its generally the best option available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

Surely if Bluesq fcked up here and he was down to the final 7 they should compensate the player more (perhaps by buying him into the event)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Can you believe this is 'Thread of the Day' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Yeah I dont think a refund is enough really. Bit crap just giving him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Are you saying that some sites dont verify the owner of a credit card?
    yes

I agree that a refund is a bit stingy if the guy was down to the last few spots and was in good shape. What an awful decision to let him start playing a tournament and kick him off in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i can use any credit card with pokerstars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Refund of the entry fee would be entirely unfair. Refund to the value of the chips you had when disconnected seems fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Refund of the entry fee would be entirely unfair. Refund to the value of the chips you had when disconnected seems fair.

+1

• Advertisement

This situation is being dealt with and the player in question will be receiving more than just the $209.

It is a regrettable situation but human error is not always avoidable. We will make sure that he is adequately compensated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Andy2410

Thanks for the advice so far, Mike from Green Joker Poker has been working on this issue.

But I don't know what is going on over in blue square, my account is still locked even though I have sent through me details by email 2 days ago now. I rang and they said they didn't recieve them, i'm a bit wary sending them kind of details over the net credit card details etc. I will send them again but at this stage it a bit dispointing.

I can see on my credit card statment they took the money out so whats the problem with the card!!
    I know it is nothing to do with Mike personelly, but i was hoping to play in the satelite tonight, but i cant.

Advertisement