Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

This show doesnt get enough hype, because everyone I talk to has never heard of it, but its an AMAZING show. Anyone else watch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yes, its one of the wittiest, most enjoyable shows from last year, and Season 2 has surpassed Season 1 for entertainment value. It hasn't been missed by Boards denizens either... (beware spoilers if you aren't up to date).

Season 1 discussion.
    Season 2 discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Funnily I was thinking the exact same thing last week..

Mentioned it to a few people about a band I really like called Frightened Rabbit.. and mentioned that their songs were used a few times in "that US show you might have seen on Sky on Virgin - Chuck?" to blank faces.

It's a real shame actually that it hasn't been picked up by terrestrial stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Yup its a great show! Watched it every week before the break, which on that note does anyone know when it will be back now that many US shows are starting up again post christmas!:D A few of my friends know it and I have introduced a few more to it and they all love it...i do not know anyone who has watched it and not liked it yet!

eoferrall wrote: »
    which on that note does anyone know when it will be back now that many US shows are starting up again post christmas!:D
    February 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Is that season 2 back on Virgin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

So far the only thing worth watching this season. Can't wait for the 2nd of feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭iseegirls

basquille wrote: »
    It's a real shame actually that it hasn't been picked up by terrestrial stations.

TV3 showed the first 2 episodes there a while back - never really took off, so put repeats of Family Fortunes on instead :rolleyes:

iseegirls wrote: »
    TV3 showed the first 2 episodes there a while back - never really took off, so put repeats of Family Fortunes on instead :rolleyes:
    Ah yes.. remember that alright.

Shame all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

basquille wrote: »
    February 2nd.

Cheers Dude! Can't wait!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chelsey

And dont forget its a 3-D episode, so pick up your glasses. You can get them for free at Safeway or Frys and some other stores that I havent even heard of lol

I cannot WAIT! I hope since it will be advertised during the superbowl, it will attract more viewers. People need to get more familiar with this show, because literally everyone besides my sister has NO idea what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

chelsey wrote: »
    I hope since it will be advertised during the superbowl, it will attract more viewers. People need to get more familiar with this show, because literally everyone besides my sister has NO idea what it is!

Yep, it's getting some pretty sweet advertising and hopefully it'll pay off - apparently ratings in the US have dropped off significantly since the 1st season and I'm getting worried that NBC may pull the plug if things don't improve soon (and most likely replace it with another "Dancing with the [insert random group you don't care about]"-type show...).

well Jerome Bettis, ex running back for the Steelers is guest starring in the new episode. So you know they will show him in the promo during the superbowl to get all those diehard Steelers fans to watch just for him.

J-blk wrote: »
    Yep, it's getting some pretty sweet advertising and hopefully it'll pay off - apparently ratings in the US have dropped off significantly since the 1st season and I'm getting worried that NBC may pull the plug if things don't improve soon (and most likely replace it with another "Dancing with the [insert random group you don't care about]"-type show...).
    The ratings are pretty decent. It averages about 6-7 million per episode, which is better then almost all the shows on the CW combined! lol It is like, 4th highest rated show on NBC, behind Heroes, The Biggest Loser, 30 Rock and the Office.

The only reason they would ever get rid of CHuck is if a new show came and NBC thoguht it could do better then Chuck. But I have read lots of statements from NBC and they sound very happy with the show and seems like they LOVE it. They gave it a full season right off the bat. I see it getting picked up for another season easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

LL THE BUS!!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

:))))))))))))))))))

The ratings are pretty decent. It averages about 6-7 million per episode, which is better then almost all the shows on the CW combined! lol It is like, 4th highest rated show on NBC, behind Heroes, The Biggest Loser, 30 Rock and the Office.

The only reason they would ever get rid of CHuck is if a new show came and NBC thoguht it could do better then Chuck. But I have read lots of statements from NBC and they sound very happy with the show and seems like they LOVE it. They gave it a full season right off the bat. I see it getting picked up for another season easily.

That's good to hear, I read earlier in the season that the ratings were a bit "soft" but given all the Superbowl promotion, it looks like NBC does want the show to succeed - and really, what else do they have going for them at the moment? Knight Rider?! (I'm still kinda bitter they canceled "My Own Worst Enemy" so soon :().

However, 30 Rock and The Office have already been given next season pickups and Heroes is apparently looking very secure, but I haven't read anything about Chuck yet. I do hope it sticks around for awhile though :).

Heroes, The biggest Loser, 30 Rock and The office have all been picked up for another season. THose are the only secure shows on NBC. But really, what other show on NBC would they keep over Chuck?

But really, what other show on NBC would they keep over Chuck?
    You're referring to NBC? The same station that renewed the universally-panned (by critics and viewers) 'Knightrider' series.

Don't think they're capable of logical decisions this season! :D

Knightrider was renewed? Oh I didnt know that. Then Chuck HAS to be renewed! lol

No, Knight Rider was given a full season order, around the time My Own Worst Enemy was canceled - not renewed for another. The episode order has since been slashed by a number of episodes (not sure how many though) and it seems like that turd will finally die the death it deserves :D. But the fact that it got a full season order in the first place has put NBC right up there with FOX in regards to brain-dead decisions...

Advertisement