Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-poker down

Options
  • 20-01-2009 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

gone with the last hour or so saying cannot connect to poker server :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Yes, was due to be sorted at 7, should be up and running by 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

its up and running for the past 20 minutes - ive just played 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

U sicko playing at 8am:p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

just checked full tilt...not working

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Can i have a job there!;) Tell me ppp doesnt let u play during the day! OMG could you imagine the office of degerates, prop bets on what kind of sandwich someones going to get, if it will be raining at 4.17pm!:confused: they prob wont even see this there all in a meetin room in pp headquarters shootin dice!!

• Advertisement

U sicko playing at 8am:p
    pgodkin wrote: »
    Can i have a job there!;) Tell me ppp doesnt let u play during the day! OMG could you imagine the office of degerates, prop bets on what kind of sandwich someones going to get, if it will be raining at 4.17pm!:confused: they prob wont even see this there all in a meetin room in pp headquarters shootin dice!!

ffs lads - this was scheduled downtime from 4am - 7am. I was in the office at 6.40am :( this morning waiting for the client to go live again so I could be on hand to test it after the upgrade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ffs lads - this was scheduled downtime from 4am - 7am

how come they don't tell us about stuff like that?

that really depends on who 'they' are.

it doesn't matter to me who does it, it's hardly a big deal for ipoker or the skins (i presume they all knew about it?) to tell players about scheduled down time, judging by the ipoker regs thread no one was told about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

they did, a message poped p for me about half 2 (am). but then again my teachers in school always said i was special:P

• Advertisement

alll skins were notified about the downtime and its up to each skin to choose how they want to let their players know, if they want to let them know.

As it is off peak it doesnt really make sense to hit your db with a message which isnt going to effect many of them. For that reason we take the view that we alert all players who are online from 3am and tell them that we are going down at 4am for a period of 3 hours. We continue to remind players every 15 mins of the scheduled downtime and then every 10 minutes in the time immediately preceding the downtime.

Obviously during the downtime you will have a small portion of your db who attempt to login and your left to deal with them on a case by case basis.

AFAIK many skins take no steps to alert there players and the first they hear of it is the close message which appears mid hand.

ffs lads - this was scheduled downtime from 4am - 7am. I was in the office at 6.40am :( this morning waiting for the client to go live again so I could be on hand to test it after the upgrade :)

There was me thinking you where just a sick degen getting his poker fix:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

pgodkin wrote: »

Twas a hot turkey ciabatta today, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

I see the maintenance worked well what a joke, got moved to a table with no players, thats I knew one for me and I thought I had seen all that ipoker had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ckarsenal

jesus this is fair annoyin! playin a tournament last hour and a half and now i poker is down-again!
    asked the agent online how long I have to wait to see if the tournament restarts or I get at least a refund and they told me they dont know!
    anyone know how long do you have to wait to see if the tournament restarts?

edit: looks like its just my tournament which is fcuked-so waste of an hour and a half :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭twasantis

down to 50 in 10k with average and it went...down to last 20 or so in 15k and 4th in chips and its lagging really really bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

mods, sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

As it is off peak it doesnt really make sense to hit your db with a message which isnt going to effect many of them.

Why not stick a message in for your "db" when they're logging in,
    once you become aware of the maintenance schedule?

Ya seem to think it makes sense to ply them with adverts for "promotions"
    each time they log in although many of them won't be availing of these offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

newbie2 wrote: »
    mods, sticky?

Personally I hate too many stickys on forums. We already have 5. 4 of which are essential to have and 1 (BBV) that may as well be stuck up there. I'd rather not have any more (apart from the odd ones for boards competitions) unless it was really needed. I dont feel a sticky for this is really needed, and anyway enough attention is usually drawn to it when ipoker does go down.

Thats all just my opinion obv, I'm not overly bothered either way. If the other mods or users in general want it stuck then no problemo

RichardB2 wrote: »
    Why not stick a message in for your "db" when they're logging in,
    once you become aware of the maintenance schedule?

Ya seem to think it makes sense to ply them with adverts for "promotions"
    each time they log in although many of them won't be availing of these offers.

you do realise you answered your own question here?

• Advertisement

If the answer is that you don’t want to send messages to your db that won’t effect them,
    why do you operate a double standard & force them to click around advertisements that won’t effect them?
    Why Noel, why?
    Surely a button on the site they could voluntarily click would bring any promotions they wished to avail of to the attention of interested customers.
    That’s not the PP mindset though is it Noel.
    Much better to force feed 'em what suits you & hide what doesn't eh. :rolleyes:

lol, get down off the stage and dry your eyes.

I expect they'll be dry as a bone long before you ever answer a question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Is this down for anyone else as of now 00:50am???? Or is ti just me, havent been able to get into Carlos for 2 days now

dvdfan wrote: »
    Is this down for anyone else as of now 00:50am???? Or is ti just me, havent been able to get into Carlos for 2 days now

working fine here dvd check your firewall settings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so what was the upgrade?

Weird, i dont even have the firewall on, my networked PC which does my mining on Carlos cant get access either for the last 2 days. Its probably just someone blocking me while they clear out my accoutn:D

i thought carlos were leaving ipoker?

Ah your right, went to site to redownload and it says theyve migrated to Microgaming.

I was told that Microgaming were closing up soon, obviously not if Carlos moved there

• Advertisement
Advertisement