Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Hold'em manager on two computers.

Options
  • 20-01-2009 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anybody know how to set up HEM on a laptop as well as using it on the desk top. It sounds pretty complicated from the FAQ and they advise backing up files and stuff in case something goes wrong. Anybody done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It's not particularly tough. Just leave all your hands in a folder. If you have them saved through HM on 1 computer, just use the export hands option. That's a backup in of itself and then just transfer by using an external hard drive or usb key or whatever and import as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I think there's a more complicated way that the OP is talking about involving HM on both computers using the same database. Is that right OP?

I suspect you know that your HM key will work on 2 pc's ( desktop and laptop). If you want to have one pc have the same stats/reading etc as another pc then the method in the HM forums is probably the best - if a little confusing and complicated. A Way to get around this is as follows

this method requires a wireless home network to be set up.

When setting up an auto import folder in HM on PC1. Select a folder to send the imported HH files. This is known as an archive.
    capturevi1.jpg
    url%5D On PC2 - select the above folder (which will be on PC1) as an auto import folder.
    If you ave a good home network set up then this method is pretty good. The only downside is that you have 2 large databases (1 on PC1 and 1 on PC2).
    my.php?image=capturevi1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Look in their FAQs, there's a way you can use an external hard disk or USB key to store your database and then just swap it between computers where ever you're playing at the time. It works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Thanks for the tips guys. I will look in to these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

Seems to me you need to be a Rocket Scientist to figure out HM (and maybe the others as well)

I thought I knew about computers and such....but once I started messing with HM I was humbled :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I don't think HM is hard to use. When you see it for the first time it can be daunting but it's like anything else just use trial and error and you'll figure it out in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Theres the FAQ for setting up HM on 2 PCs using 1 database via a external hard drive: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154

Advertisement