Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions and answers obama comment

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

anyone see Q and A tonight. the guy's comment about obama " I think he's great, hes gonna save the world, hes amazing"
    hurrah life is so flowery and wonderful.

Such an idiot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,671 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TX123 wrote: »
    anyone see Q and A tonight. the guy's comment about obama " I think he's great, hes gonna save the world, hes amazing"
    hurrah life is so flowery and wonderful.

Such an idiot

Absolute imbecile.A cretin.
    Typical though of the hype and propaganda that people will actually swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

He was so red I thought he would burst into flames :p

Ah he's only a young lad, he looked very nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah it was pretty funny alright. I think even John Bowman was thinking 'ffs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lol!! and that was after making a fool of himself with his 6th form debate style of questioning.,he must have been reciting it in the mirror for weeks beforehand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah and gilmore was claiming to be the irish obama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

It is the funniest moment of 2009 thus hence, Bowman has a wry smile on his face. I wouldn't have minded so much only the pipsqueak was trying to sound so eloquent and grand while asking the question, which he still managed to fuff up.

"I think he's going to save the world"

obama_super_obama.jpg

Oh how I larfed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I felt kind of sorry for the guy tbh. I'd say that was his father there beside him, they both had their notes!

Still, fair play to them for being there and taking part instead of making fun of people on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 oldsmiley

Guys would you ever get a life and stop bullying a young kid who had the balls to ask a question in the first place.i was in the audience behind him and also asked a question.I'm 44 and I can tell you my heart was beating like a good thing before I spoke to the panel.So what if he thinks that barack Obama will save the world someone better because our Gov is doing f**k all except look after their builder friends.

Again..

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,671 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Again..

ROFL

I cant but feel the last time there was so much hype and propaganda surrounding a leader was back in Germany in the 30's.:eek:
    Obama is a monstrous Propaganda machine.
    The eulogies and praise heaped on the man is bafflingly ridiculous.
    He has only taken his first steps to being a leader and already he is being hailed as the Messiah.

• Advertisement

oldsmiley wrote: »
    Guys would you ever get a life and stop bullying a young kid who had the balls to ask a question in the first place.i was in the audience behind him and also asked a question.I'm 44 and I can tell you my heart was beating like a good thing before I spoke to the panel.So what if he thinks that barack Obama will save the world someone better because our Gov is doing f**k all except look after their builder friends.

In fairness you are right, I'm not a stranger to Public speaking and its no Picnic and more so in front of cameras. On that count, kudos to the little ruddiger, however whether it was a boy of 4 or an old man of 99.9999, the comment on saving the world was very funny, I wonder did you yourself get a twinge in your brow while trying not to let a wheee smile escape as the faces all about we holding it in.

I cant but feel the last time there was so much hype and propaganda surrounding a leader was back in Germany in the 30's.
    Obama is a monstrous Propaganda machine.
    The eulogies and praise heaped on the man is bafflingly ridiculous.
    He has only taken his first steps to being a leader and already he is being hailed as the Messiah.

Its a little crazy in fairness, however can 2million people lined out to see him be wrong? People forget that the president has changed but nothing else has, Obama himself is trying to quiet the hype somewhat. Main factor is that he has the trust of the people both in the US and the world, I know I've complete trust in him. In one way it's tough coming after Bush because he's left with a big pile of dog dooo to clean up, on the other hand being popular wont be tough following him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Its a little crazy in fairness, however can 2million people lined out to see him be wrong?

Anyone else prefer Nuremberg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Nuremburg Schmurenburg. There were 2.5 million people crammed into the GPO in '16 listening to Patrick Pearse reading his oul speech , and 8.6 million people saw U2 play their first gig in the dandelion market in the 70's.

Sure Obama's only in the Ha'penny place when it comes to Messianic figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

its a shame we dont have a show like harry hils tv burp so he could make a comment about it. and were getting off topic. we need to keep focused guys. were talking about the future of irish politicians i.e the guy who thinks obama will save the world cos hes so wonderful and amazing and soooper doooper

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Well I think Obama is a good change from what has been before and I know that Amercians are tired of the way things have been going on for as long as Bush had been in office. They need positiveness and reasurrance and that is what they hope Obama will deliver. It is refreshing to see someone new and I know this is the 'honeymoon' time and his speech at his inauguration was a realistic one. I really dont know how one can compare him to a monster from the 30's. He isnt a propaganda machine he is just a person with a big responsability for America and its a job not many can handle well. So only time will tell what will come about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Jesus! Pink text as the first post on the 2nd page!

I thought I'd had a stroke and my vision was gone.

Anyway, yes. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Jesus! Pink text as the first post on the 2nd page!

I thought I'd had a stroke and my vision was gone.

Anyway, yes. Time will tell.

Well I like to be different. LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Bet in 20 years from now they won't be making as many movies about Obama as have been made about Nixon.

Advertisement