Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching fins

Options
  • 19-01-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Do you guys attach your fins before ye surf everytime or do ye leave them all the time. I've just started surfin n im i dunno what to do with fins. will i just attach them now and leave them on, or remove them when finished and put em on just before i go out so i don't break em.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

i usally go surfing for weekends at a time,
    during the w/e i leave em on and take care, but take em off afterwards to not let em break.

my bro takes his leash off!! i cant figure out why!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I leave mine on all the time. If you're careful storing and transporting your board you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rustymotion

bro, always better to take them out, stress and wear and tear is killer for fcs and lock box. I always remove mine, also cause sand and grime get in there over time can begin to rock your fins. Basically, just better in the end to take them out. But unless you surf daily, i doubt they will wear out with a year or two anyways even if you leave them in. (FCS is better than lockbox!)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

c-note wrote: »
    my bro takes his leash off!! i cant figure out why!

Stops the leash from getting kinks and getting tangled if you don't store it wrapped around the board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

leave them on. Whats the point. What type of fin and board are we talking about? Fibreglass boards with glass fins need alot more care than nsp surfboards with plastic fins. Also 3 small thrusters are harder to break than a 9" longboard fin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

stress and wear and tear is killer for fcs

Um, the stress caused by constantly tightening, untightening the allen bolts causes far more damage than leaving them in permanently.

OP- just leave them in. You'd need to hit them a fair smack off something to cause any damage.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

OP, leave em on. Even if you say you're gona take them off, eventually the enthusiasm will wane and you'll just launch the board back into the car any ould way...

Advertisement