Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 09-People quitting in ranked matches? get even!

Options
  • 19-01-2009 3:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know there is probably a cool internet word to go with this but I'm not too up-to-date with all the lingo, so I will call this pwnz0rzz1z etc...

I am not sure if many people are aware of the ways to get the win when someone quits on you during the XBOX Live game. I've learned of this technique in early 2008 from someones post on XBOX.com FIFA forum while playing FIFA 07. It has always worked for me in FIFA 08 and I am pretty sure that it should work in FIFA 09 but since the game is not out in US I can't confirm it just yet (those in UK please test and let us all know).
    These are the steps required in order to get the win when someone quits on you:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: When someone quits on your during the live game and you see the 'connection has been lost' message on your screen make sure that you are NOT pressing the OK (X button) before completing the following steps. Again, if you will press the X to end the game the technique might not work for you. I am getting 100% success rate when following the next steps:

1) While the 'connection has been lost' message is still displayed on your screen, press the Guide (big circle Xbox button in the middle of the controller)

Navigate to the 'Recent players' section and select the name of the last player (person who quit on you) to open his profile.

2) Once his profile will open pay attention to the online status of this player. Most like the status will say that he is still in the game with you. It takes sometimes a few minutes until the status changes to 'Main lobby', 'Offline' etc.

3) THIS STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Wait until the status of the player changes to something else other than the game with you. This will confirm that EA servers registered disconnection of your opponent. Once the status of your opponent has been updated you can go back to the game window and press the 'x' button to close the 'connection to your opponent has been lost' message.

4) Once disconnected from the game, check your profile and you will notice a 3-0 win appearing on your record (if you have followed the steps). This has ALWAYS worked for me in FIFA 08, even in those cases when players disconnected after the final wistle. You will get a win regardless of the score as long as your opponent disconnected from the game first. Of course this will not work if you have disconnected from the game first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thanks FG,
    Will give it a try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think by default if anyone quits a game on you you're automatically granted a 3-0 win.
    You are anyway since Fifa 08

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MR, I have never received a 3-0 win in this fashion...I wish! My online stats would be twice as good as they are now! I have won about 200 ranked games and I have about 60-70 people quit on me while ahead.

Using the above logic, I'm presuming the quitter gets a big fat loss on their record too, and that makes it all the more satisfying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I never really looked into it, but might do now, I was wondering why my stats are so low!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Another good thing i noticed is when you conceed a goal and say it was 4-2....When they quit it ends up 4-0 and you get a cleansheet....So even if i was losing id prefer to at least score a consolation goal...Every little thing counts towards your rank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

This is BS, I think - or at least doesn't work in a league...

For example, when Irish Wolverine had the disk read error, his status still said he was in the game, but I was creditted with the win anyways. His status didn't change until he came back online, but I still got the win.

Maybe it works in ranked matches, but for the league matches, your guaranteed the win if the other person quits/disconnects. I won the match against Axwell, Dave7G and marshjem won the matches against me.

Actually, in the game where I was 10-0 up against Reganoski in Season 1, when he quit at half time, they let me keep the 10-0, rather than just awarding me the 3-0 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was playing a few ranked games there now, and I was ahead in all 3, got 3 quitters all in a row yet no wins recorded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Did you follow the instructions or did you read this post after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Read straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hasnt worked for me so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

Have had a lot of players quit on me. The win is never awarded to me. I'm on the ps3 so I don't think I can check their online status.

One lad quit on me last night and his gamercard said he'd been offline for the last 2 hours. Hmmm..... I'm really not sure if this is reliable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

are ye talking about fifa 09 yea???
    because, u do get a 3-0 result if they quit...or if ur ahead lets say 5-0, u get that result aswell. check your...... player hub--> recent games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    they let me keep the 10-0, rather than just awarding me the 3-0 win.

''They''?

BrightEyes wrote: »
    ''They''?

If any post ever deserved a "YOURE MA" equipped with incorrect grammer, incorrect spelling and slang, this would be it ;)
    are ye talking about fifa 09 yea???
    because, u do get a 3-0 result if they quit...or if ur ahead lets say 5-0, u get that result aswell. check your...... player hub--> recent games.

For me, most of the time, I do get the result exactly as you've outilned there, but maybe 30% of the time, there's no record of the game whatsoever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If any post ever deserved a "YOURE MA" equipped with incorrect grammer, incorrect spelling and slang, this would be it ;)

Make my day . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

For me, most of the time, I do get the result exactly as you've outilned there, but maybe 30% of the time, there's no record of the game whatsoever....

well check your player hub anymore. it always comes up for me 100% of the time.

Advertisement