Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adwords Question

Options
  • 19-01-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I have a product that is very well defined by two words. But my adwords ads appear when either of the words appear individually.

For example, say I have a campaign that targets the following phrase:

"Wordpress widgets"

My ad is appearing for "Wordpress" and for "widgets". This is completely useless as the the words individually are far too vague and people arriving at my site are far less likely to find what they are looking for.

Anyone know how I can configure my adwords campaign so my add only appears when BOTH terms are searched for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

your keyword list should look like
    [Wordpress widgets]
    with the brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

This is why I love boards... the answer is always out there.

Many thanks Pablo - that's perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's called exact match as used above.

If you run a search query report it will show what keywords triggered your previous phrase match bid. You can then use that information along with your non-paid search data to build up a complete list for exact match.

[wordpress widget download] etc.

What might be useful in that case is to return a dynamic keyword ad to increase CTR

{KeyWord: Download Wordpress Widgets}
    Ad text

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

Hi CapedCrusader - have you had much luck using Adwords?

I find the conversion rate too low to make any decent return.

If only I was Tim Houston :eek:

Advertisement