Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life On Mars DVD Series 1 & 2 - Free with NOTW

Options
  • 19-01-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

For next few weeks free DVD (2 episodes) with News Of The World Newspaper of all Series 1 & 2 of Life On Mars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

More info here

Looks like it's two episodes a week for the next eight weeks. You need to print out the voucher from the paper each week and collect the dvds from WH Smith, so I'm guessing this is UK only. Don't know of any WH Smith shops around these parts.

Great show though, 'tis definitely worth the price of a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,846 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you don't want to wait, you could get both series for a tenner each from Asda.

Cannot recommend the show enough.. absolutely excellent!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055457723&highlight=life+mars

• Registered Users Posts: 55,479 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you go with the NOTW offer, you get the equivalent of a free roll of toilet paper with each purchase too. So its a win-win situation.

Seriously, its one of the best series to come out of the UK in recent years, and I thoroughly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

tokens are redeemable from super value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

does this start next sun or was it yesterday. Have the two box sets but someone nicked the first disk of series one a year ago. This will allow me to get my set back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

does this start next sun or was it yesterday. Have the two box sets but someone nicked the first disk of series one a year ago. This will allow me to get my set back

Started yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

tbh unless you are passing the store and buy the paper anyways, its easier to get the boxset for the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Just came across this thread, but you have to find a SuperValu that sells papers to get the deal, i tried it but mine only does groceries :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

dave_29 wrote: »
    Just came across this thread, but you have to find a SuperValu that sells papers to get the deal, i tried it but mine only does groceries :mad:

That's not really the drawback. The drawback is that you have to purchase the news of the world in public, and produce a token at the register, proving that you've opened the paper.

As above - Seasons one and two are £8.93 each from asda, that's a much better option, as there is no leaving the house, no being spotted buying the news of the world, and no having to scrub yourself after pages & pages of seedy stories about Sex Vicars, pissed up UK lottery winners and busty Big Brother hopefuls have soiled you mentally and physically once you've purchased it.

That's not really the drawback. The drawback is that you have to purchase the news of the world in public, and produce a token at the register, proving that you've opened the paper.

As above - Seasons one and two are £8.93 each from asda, that's a much better option, as there is no leaving the house, no being spotted buying the news of the world, and no having to scrub yourself after pages & pages of seedy stories about Sex Vicars, pissed up UK lottery winners and busty Big Brother hopefuls have soiled you mentally and physically once you've purchased it.

:D To be honest, i sometimes look like that on a sunday getting the paper(s),as i normally come across those stories on the net anyway.

So i think i'll save the staff on a sunday from a grisly look!

Do you get free P+P from ROI?

• Advertisement

Bump*

Only available to Supervalu that dont sell papers:

I'm only posting this as the ep's free in the NOTW supplied in SuperValu Newsagents.
    As my Supervalu didnt have papers, so i complained about this to manager after a while & he told me the dvd's came in a week later & he gave them free (week after week) but since then someone collected them for me & only coming across them today.

So i hope its useful to anyone, sorry for the late posting.

I meant to say, if you go into a supervalu that doesnt sell papers, may give you the dvd's w/out tokens, thats how i got them.

Advertisement