Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste tires?

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

would anyone here have any idea where i could get my hands on dead car tires? lots of them. i am messing with various building methods, and am curious about the viability of using car tires a la the earthship type constructions.
    at the moment it is all late night daydreaming. well, just tonight actually.
    also, if this is in the wrong boards area, sorry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Try some of the tire centers, I'm sure they would be delighted to get rid of them. These are a fire hazard to these companies particularly the smaller places that have them lying about outside the premises. You could also post on the motoring forum where there would be some guys working in the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Check to see if your allowed store large quantities of tyres on your premises. They are an environmental hazard and you don't want to get into trouble with the EPA when trying to be good for the environment.

Tyre centres will be able to supply you with tyres. But again you'll have to get approval to collect tyres, as the tyre centre has to prove that they disposed of the tyres in an environmental way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Read somewhere recently that they are chipping old tires and using it in the construction of new roads

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

thanks for the feedback people. most appreciated. hadn't gotten to the epa end of the thinking yet. thinking bout that stuff is always a let down :( lol.

kinda topic unrelated, but totally too beautiful to not share;
    http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

again, thanks folks.

Advertisement