Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yay, finally an FS event in ireland!

Options
  • 18-01-2009 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey guys!

First post :pac:

I just got a phone call from a friend asking me to have a look into an event at Dublin this year. After around an hour or so on google I got a few results that seem to be true.

The event so far seems to have a large backing from some major companys, who plan on attending the event. :eek: Finally I can get some good addons in this country!

It's being planned to be held in the ALSAA complex just outside Dublin Airport on the ILS approach to RWY28.

Theres going to be a large number of Virtual airlines and online networks coming along, and someone's planning on setting up some of their rather large flight deck.

I've sent them an Email requesting more information about this event, so anything I do get I'll share here.

Cheers
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Thats good news, keep us posted. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

yeah, please do

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

the PC Pilots club of Ireland do this sort of even twice a year. Have been many times and they are excellent.

www.pcpilotsireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The thing in ALSAA always happens each year or maybe every two years. Interesting or so I've heard, but not a patch on the one PCPI oganise(d?) every couple of years in the Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

This is some new flight sim specific organised event. Probably not much better than the PCPI one

Not too sure if any online networks at all will be there- certainly one particular one ..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheHoban

Just got an Email from Robbie, informing me that he will be able to begin confirming everything this Sunday. :D

He did disclose the network who will be attending though;
    I can however inform you that Virtual Skies will be attending the event, with a rather large team. The Main Virtual Skies along with VS Ireland and VS UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

TheHoban wrote: »
    J

Virtual Skies is "huge" indeed.....lucky to see maybe 2 pilots online at once :rolleyes:

I was talking to him again today, just checking if they need help etc...

and he added the IVAO may also be coming along, and he gave me a link to their site; http://ifse.vs-ie.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just got an Email from Robbie, informing me that he will be able to begin confirming everything this Sunday. :D

Virtual Skies is "huge" indeed.....lucky to see maybe 2 pilots online at once :rolleyes:
    I was talking to him again today, just checking if they need help etc...

and he added the IVAO may also be coming along, and he gave me a link to their site; http://ifse.vs-ie.com/

Without wanting to cause conflict, Virtual Skies is in its infancy and is next to useless at this point. It needs nurturing and massive development which it is not going to get, because it competes with VATSIM and IVAO. I would strongly advise anyone considering joining one of these networks (and tbh, this should be everyone who wants to play FS reguarly) to join VATSIM (or IVAO)

However - as a member of both I have found IVAO to be a very immature organisation with an "anything goes" type policy. I have found also an abundance full of bitter people there who couldn't handle VATSIM's strive to be realistic and organised. For what its worth also, each national division in managed by nationals of that country...on IVAO staff can be from anywhere, and the IE division has few (if any, any more) Irish staff for example.

Of course the above is my opinion. Pinch of salt and all that.

Put it this way lads...

It's a day out, and an easy way to spend all your money :p

Who cares about what networks are there? Like I'm sure there'll be a few pc's to have a go on and stuff like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Put it this way lads...

It's a day out, and an easy way to spend all your money :p

Who cares about what networks are there? Like I'm sure there'll be a few pc's to have a go on and stuff like that!

You obviously don't use Vatsim or IVAO do you? If you did, you'd realise the benefits of real people providing ATC services complying to real procedures. The effect it has on the average punter who's only casually interested in aviation is powerful to say the least..

Thanks for the heads up.. will need more information on it before I decide to go though

Advertisement