Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker

Options
  • 18-01-2009 4:48am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have 60 on O Sullivan aT 11-4 he is now 4-9.

After a good Semi final il let it ride for now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Nowso wrote: »
    Have 60 on O Sullivan aT 11-4 he is now 4-9.

After a good Semi final il let it ride for now

Aftertiming.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Modding on this form is absolute ****e.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I had the bet up on greyhoundnuts.com gambling page after the 1st round.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I had the bet up on greyhoundnuts.com gambling page after the 1st round.

From Charter:
    The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

wixfjord wrote: »
    What did the mod say when you PM them?

I presume they have lives too and don't sit looking at the Gambling forum all day, however if you were to PM them I'd be surprised if it wasn't resolved to your satisfaction in within 24 hours. Giving out because something hasn't been moderated in 12 hours is silly.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

wixfjord wrote: »

My telepathic powers are offline for repairs I'm afraid, so in the lack of a reported post or PM (and please use reported post as first option), how the hell did you expect this to be seen except for just stumbing on it, never mind the fact that we might not be aware of snooker results.

Also, it was hardly the biggest crime in the world imo. If you want an iron fist, to the letter rule in here I'd assume you are in the minority tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

One problem there the bet hadnt won by then it was a live bet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

One problem there the bet hadnt won by then it was a live bet

Not really releavant.
    It was still of no real use/interest to the board as the price was from before the first round and you posted just before the final. It was a pointless aftertiming thread and strictly speaking in breach of the charter (but as 5starpool says it'd not really that big a deal so don't worry).

By the way one good tip is to phrase it differently. If you'd started a thread saying "I have RO'S at 11/4, and now the betting is 4/9 RO'S, 7/4 Selby - should I cover and if so how much do I have to put on Selby" then you would have gotten away with it completely. ;)

Advertisement