Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to learn

Options
  • 17-01-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

fiddle where can i?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Saying where you are might help!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

Átha Cliath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Try You Tube. A lot of folk on there have lessons. Nothing spectacular but it could get you started. I'm sure there is many sites online who offer offer some sort of free tuition.

Famous45 wrote: »
    Try You Tube. A lot of folk on there have lessons. Nothing spectacular but it could get you started. I'm sure there is many sites online who offer offer some sort of free tuition.

Thats all well and good, but nothing compares to the feedback you get from a real teacher.

OP, have a look at this:
    http://comhaltas.ie/locations/
    Will help you find a Comhaltas branch near you, virtually all of them have a fiddle teacher, but if you can, try go to Monkstown as the Comhaltas Headquarters are there, and they generally have excellent teachers.

I'm fairly sure there are fiddle lessons in the Cobblestone in Smithfield too, not positive though.
    Walton's have trad fiddle lessons too. You won't find it too hard to get a teacher anyway!

Hope that helps!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Thats all well and good, but nothing compares to the feedback you get from a real teacher

Jeez, sorry for hitting a nerve. I was only trying to help. Pretty obvious that you'll get better feedback from a tutor, but in the times we are in at present not everyone can afford lessons and if you are a beginner, there's no better place then getting to grips with it than online.

Slow down dude, only trying to help the chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I am a new to the fiddle and a Citeog too and I dont have a teacher ( well not yet) I am happy with my progress. :D

I am using Paul McNevins The Irish Fiddle Tutor http://waltons.ie/product_info.php?cPath=106_201&products_id=7863
    Make sure you get the version with the CD included.

Also I have The Irish Fiddle Book: The Art of Traditional Fiddle-Playing by Matt Cranitch
    http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Fiddle-Book-Traditional-Fiddle-Playing/dp/1900428903
    Again find a version with a CD accompliment.

Famous45 wrote: »
    Jeez, sorry for hitting a nerve. I was only trying to help. Pretty obvious that you'll get better feedback from a tutor, but in the times we are in at present not everyone can afford lessons and if you are a beginner, there's no better place then getting to grips with it than online.

Slow down dude, only trying to help the chap.

Haha in fairness I said nothing to offend you so I don't know what your getting worked up about! Just gave an informed opinion from my own experiences!:)

So you slow down my friend!:D

Advertisement