Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive Bought Over - Blasphemy

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Mods - please delete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

All hail king gareth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Mods, please delete this thread. Sorry for any trouble.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

Why did you remove the OP? One sure way of irritating the mods is to erratically post and withdraw threads.

Did you edit it because of the reaction or because of an error?

If you believe in something then be willing to withstand the ridicule. Jesus was condemned to a crucifix; the least you can do according to your belief system is take the brunt of a handful of unreceptive forum members. Ease off on the zeal a little and you'll be taken more seriously.

If you consider yourself Gods humble servant and a distributor of his word then there's a smarter way of getting your point across. Construct your arguments without the use of "God Bless", "Praise the Lord" and "Jesus Loves you" and support it with theological reference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this is Garreth's OP
    It seems that the Alive newspaper has changed its anti EU policy to a pro European policy and is promoting a pro European agenda with Blasphemy by using Our Lady to promote a pro Lisbon Treaty agenda.

An incredible turnaround!!!

http://www.alive.ie/archives/Alive!%20Jan%2009.pdf

I hope that the record breaking storms continue and that many natural disasters will continue in this country to convince our political and church leaders to see sense.

Lets all pray for common sense to prevail and lets pray for God's intervention to prevent this pro Lisbon Treaty agenda. Some decision must have been made in the past few weeks.

OK so its a bit Religious and I wouldnt be in favour of the hopin for natural disasters to befall the nation, but the initial Gem of an idea fits the ethos of the forum.

Alive, one of those rabidly catholic missionary newspapers (ya know the ones that are at the botom of the church each week and can be subscribed to) has suddenly and inexplicably changed its stance on Lisbon2

does scream conspiracy to me alright.

Garreth seems most upset tho that they are using an image of the Virgin Mary to convince people that Europe is a good thing

Discuss*

*by Discuss I mean Discuss in a reasonably civil manner without ridiculing the OP's religious beliefs

• Advertisement

Thanks for explaing the OP MC, I was having trouble figuring it out the first time around.

I did think the bit about natural disasters was way OTT.

Bugger, I dont have Acrobat on this machine, can someone (check if its Copyrighted first) post the linked article here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Had a quick read of it, Headline was 'Love for Mary inspired design of EU flag'. Nothing about pro or anti-Lisbon treaty.

Had a quick read of it, Headline was 'Love for Mary inspired design of EU flag'. Nothing about pro or anti-Lisbon treaty.
    So it's not just me. Couldn't find anything either.

Bugger, I dont have Acrobat on this machine, can someone (check if its Copyrighted first) post the linked article here

All I came across was the following:
    Published by Alive Group, St. Mary’s Priory, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Tel: 01-4048187 Fax: 01-4596784 E-mail: alivepaper@gmail.com • Editor: Fr Brian McKevitt OP • Design/Sub-editing by Tom English • Printed by Datascope, Enniscorthy

I might be wrong but on the interim it seems safe enough.

• Advertisement

Go to page 10 to review the article.

Long story short the chap accredited with the design of the EU flag based the symbolism on the Virgin Mary as depicted in the book of Revelations:
    Heitz was familiar with this symbolism from the Book of Revelation. The last book in the Bible, it describes “a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” (12:1).

It seems innocent enough but if I were to see additional officials plugging the religious merits of Europe and its principles then my suspicion would be aroused.

just read the article, that bit about Mary is a non story, however, have a flick through the rest of the paper lads, some crazy conspiracy stuff going on in it

just read the article, that bit about Mary is a non story, however, have a flick through the rest of the paper lads, some crazy conspiracy stuff going on in it

It certainly pack a little more punch than I would have expected for christian magazine.

Advertisement