Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China paid in Amero by the US | Fact or Fiction?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Aye Matey! wrote: »
    Apparently the US Secretary of the Treasury has informed the China Development Bank that the US has shipped $800 Billion of a new currency called the Amero.

$400 billion of the $2.5 trillion US debt is said to be payable in Amero following the devaluation of the US dollar.

Could anyone (preferably those familiar with economics) explain the validity of this notion thats circulating the web. Hogwash or fact?

Would the current economic crisis not provide a solid ground for a newly inaugurated president to announce a Northern American Union and merged currency as the only viable solution?

Could you provide a credible link? If it were true, I'd imagine the currency markets would have a fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Apparently the US Secretary of the Treasury has informed the China Development Bank that the US has shipped $800 Billion of a new currency called the Amero.

$400 billion of the $2.5 trillion US debt is said to be payable in Amero following the devaluation of the US dollar.

Could anyone (preferably those familiar with economics) explain the validity of this notion thats circulating the web. Hogwash or fact?

Would the current economic crisis not provide a solid ground for a newly inaugurated president to announce a Northern American Union and merged currency as the only viable solution?

Being familiar with economics isn't necessary to dispel that notion unless some kind of evidence is presented. As Flamed Diving said, if there was any credible hint that this had happened the dollar would have collapsed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Wierd alroight

Didnt the Euro exist as a digital currency before it went into circulation tho, set exchange rates and a certain amount of international confidence being built up before the launch?

Wierd alroight

Didnt the Euro exist as a digital currency before it went into circulation tho, set exchange rates and a certain amount of international confidence being built up before the launch?

What's weird? That someone is making completely unforunded claims on this forum?

Yes the Euro was floated before it was physically available. So what? It was set an exchange rate at each of the member countries' currencies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

are the claims unfounded or underreported tho?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

china buys a lot of oil, oil from the middle east is bought in dollars, if oil wasn't paid for in dollars then the US economy would have collapesed yonks ago since one of the main incentives of trading with the us is to get dollars

Saddam got killed because he was trying to setup a € market for oil
    if oil continues to be traded in dollars the new currency would be worthless
    oil won't be traded in the new currency because the euro is a much safer bet for the sellers

china doesn't need physical paper in this day of etransfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

if oil wasn't paid for in dollars then the US economy would have collapesed yonks ago

I don't understand this. Can you explain it please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

amacachi wrote: »
    What's weird? That someone is making completely unforunded claims on this forum?

If that was directed at me amacachi I think you need to dismount your battle horse and read the OP. I'm not partial to being taken out of of context expecially when I'm only trying to rationally leverage my understanding of the matter by querying the more economically adept members of the forum.

I did not make any claim of sorts. I did however present a claim for discussion that I've encountered online that seems to be generating quite an amount of hype despite an authentic primary source being elusive at best. I was hoping someone could nail down the unadultrated origin of the sensationalized claim following the maxim that there's rarely smoke without fire irrespective of how small the analogical fire may be.

This should have been understood from the core inquiry of the OP: Could anyone explain the validity of this notion

The use of the words 'notion' (not fact, look up the words definition) and 'hogwash' should have implied that I had already acknowledged that the claim was unsubstantiated and no doubt sensationalized.

The last thing this forum needs is another trigger happy intermittant contributer with a derrogatory attitude towards the CT forum in general who unjusifiablly targets the poster (your use of the word 'someone') rather the post.

No-one made a claim. They did however raise a claim thats circulating the web with the intent of identifying where it was originally derived from. If we as posters by default become advocates of every article we raise for discussion then there wouldn't be a whole lot on the table for discussion now would there. Think about it. If you were to discuss lets say Stalin or Hitler would it be fair that I assume that you're an advocate of each? Of course not. Then why are you assuming that I'm an advocate of a claim (thats not even my own) that I simply presented for discussion and rebuttal? It goes both ways.

If your going to make a text book dismissive comment (which seems ito be increasingly afflicting the CT forum these days) then get your facts straight or at least take the care to ensure you're not taking individual out of context. Consult the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Seriously. We need a link to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The Amero hasn't been created yet, its a proposed currency for North America.

• Advertisement

If that was directed at me amacachi I think you need to dismount your battle horse and read the OP. I'm not partial to being taken out of of context expecially when I'm only trying to rationally leverage my understanding of the matter by querying the more economically adept members of the forum.

I did not make any claim of sorts. I did however present a claim for discussion that I've encountered online that seems to be generating quite an amount of hype despite an authentic primary source being elusive at best. I was hoping someone could nail down the unadultrated origin of the sensationalized claim following the maxim that there's rarely smoke without fire irrespective of how small the analogical fire may be.

This should have been understood from the core inquiry of the OP: Could anyone explain the validity of this notion

The use of the words 'notion' (not fact, look up the words definition) and 'hogwash' should have implied that I had already acknowledged that the claim was unsubstantiated and no doubt sensationalized.

The last thing this forum needs is another trigger happy intermittant contributer with a derrogatory attitude towards the CT forum in general who unjusifiablly targets the poster (your use of the word 'someone') rather the post.

No-one made a claim. They did however raise a claim thats circulating the web with the intent of identifying where it was originally derived from. If we as posters by default become advocates of every article we raise for discussion then there wouldn't be a whole lot on the table for discussion now would there. Think about it. If you were to discuss lets say Stalin or Hitler would it be fair that I assume that you're an advocate of each? Of course not. Then why are you assuming that I'm an advocate of a claim (thats not even my own) that I simply presented for discussion and rebuttal? It goes both ways.

If your going to make a text book dismissive comment (which seems ito be increasingly afflicting the CT forum these days) then get your facts straight or at least take the care to ensure you're not taking individual out of context. Consult the charter.

Ah, good old semantics. Conspiracy theorists are often quite good at using them to their own ends.

Fair enough, you didn't claim that the Amero was used, but you've yet to provide a link to even a bull**** site saying that what you have heard may have happened has happened.

Seriously. We need a link to this.

Please elaborate. Are you referring to the several unsubstantiated articles currently submitted online or verifiable proof? The former I can provide. The latter infers misinterpretation.

Ah, good old semantics. Conspiracy theorists are often quite good at using them to their own ends.

Fair enough, you didn't claim that the Amero was used, but you've yet to provide a link to even a bull**** site saying that what you have heard may have happened has happened.

I'm not a fan of your dismissive attitude towards CT in general, the thread and its members and thats just based on your comments in this thread thus far. There's a real danger when members need to fear the addressing of an unsubstantiated claim without it being attached to them as there own.

Semantics is a mere buzzword that deployed when a member of this forum is forced to disect there posts to remedy being illicitly administrated by skeptical appraisals so often used by skeptics to to their own ends.

I'll compile a series of links now but you really need to adopt a more objective tone and leave your prejudice at the door. You'll be surprised to learn that not all CT members are madcap enthusiasts void of any propensity for a rational discussion.

Compiling links now...

I'm not a fan of your dismissive attitude towards CT in general, the thread and its members and thats just based on your comments in this thread thus far. There's a real danger when members need to fear the addressing of an unsubstantiated claim without it being attached to them as there own.

Semantics is a mere buzzword that deployed when a member of this forum is forced to disect there posts to remedy being illicitly administrated by skeptical appraisals so often used by skeptics to to their own ends.

I'll compile a series of links now but you really need to adopt a more objective tone and leave your prejudice at the door. You'll be surprised to learn that not all CT members are madcap enthusiasts void of any propensity for a rational discussion.

Compiling links now...

Very good. Imagine if you'd put that much effort into copying and pasting some links at the start of the thread.

You mention this "claim thats circulating the web" but it seems no-one here has heard it other than from you.

Where did I say you were a madcap enthusiast? All I would like to see in this forum is people using logic and reason, and maybe if they're going to put a topic forward for discussion it could be a topic that it's possible to discuss with the aforementioned logic and reason, and possible some evidence. Otherwise we'd be in AH.

What part of "I'll compile a series of links now" slipped past you? Now you seem to be having difficulty believing that the said articles exist:

"it seems no-one here has heard it other than from you"

What is your problem? I'm really trying to work you out here. Firstly you enter the thread and knock the forum and its frequent members by sarcastically making a swooping generalization:

"What's weird? That someone is making completely unforunded claims on this forum?"

Furthermore you incorrectly pinned the claim on the poster let alone the fact that you attacked the poster rather than post. Even after you acknowledged this you still don't have the decorum to apologize and instead made an accusation of semantic manipulation which is a further slur on the CT community:

Conspiracy theorists are often quite good at using them to their own ends.

This kind of prejudice so often deployed by a few collective pursuants of "logic and reason" has only recently begun to be ironed out in a joint effort by CT members and Mods alike. Formal warnings and bans have been implemented.

Sort your approach out, leave your prejudice at the door and for goodness sake show a little more respect rather than ridicule.

Here are few quick links for anyone whose still interested:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-129182
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/cover121406.htm
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message624427/pg1
    http://investment-blog.net/i-have-obtained-an-actual-amero-from-the-shipment-sent-to-china/
    http://www.breakthematrix.com/BreakTheMatrix/U-S-Ships-800-Billion-AMEROS-to-China-prepares-to-De-Monetize-U-S-Dollar-1
    http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/new_world_order/news.php?q=1222895365

Alternativley here's the key article that seems to be fanning the flames:
    October 1, 2008
    U.S. Ships 800 Billion "AMEROS" to China; prepares to De-Monetize U.S. Dollar

The US Secretary of the Treasury has informed the China Development Bank that the US has shipped $800 Billion of a new currency called the Amero, which is to be based upon the merging of the economies of The United States, Mexico and Canada into what is termed as The North American Union.

The current American debt obligation to China, currently based on the US Dollar, is now estimated to be the staggering sum of $2.5 Trillion, and which this new Amero will be exchanged for $400 Billion of this debt as the current American currency is set to be devalued by 50 percent before the end of the year.

Virtually unknown to the American people is that their current leader of the US Department of Treasury, Henry M. Paulson, Jr., has been tasked by President Bush to lead the efforts to join the economies of the US, Canada and Mexico and is also the head of the North American Development Bank, the bi-national financial institution established by the United States and Mexico to further the merging of their economies, and the leader of the Border Environment Cooperation Commission (BECC), the organization created by the governments of the United States and Mexico to further the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

This is important to note as the final provisions of the NAFTA Agreement were implemented on January 1, 2008, leaving only the final merging of the economies of the US, Mexico and Canada into a North American Union to be accomplished, of which we can read:

“President Bush is pursuing a globalist agenda to create a North American Union, effectively erasing our borders with both Mexico and Canada. This was the hidden agenda behind the Bush administration's true open borders policy.

Secretly, the Bush administration is pursuing a policy to expand NAFTA politically, setting the stage for a North American Union designed to encompass the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. What the Bush administration truly wants is the free, unimpeded movement of people across open borders with Mexico and Canada.

President Bush intends to abrogate U.S. sovereignty to the North American Union, a new economic and political entity which the President is quietly forming, much as the European Union has formed.”

It is also interesting to note that American economists have been warning about the replacing of the US Dollar with the Amero, due to pressure from China, for nearly two years, and as we can read in this December, 2006 report titled Analysts: Dollar collapse would result in 'amero', and which says:

“As WND reported earlier this week, in an unusual move, the Bush administration is sending virtually the entire economic "A-team" to visit China for a "strategic economic dialogue" in Beijing Thursday and Friday. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke are leading the delegation, along with five other cabinet-level officials, including Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez. Also in the delegation will be Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, Energy Secretary Sam Bodman, and U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab.

But Chapman doubts the trip will help the Fed to engineer a slow dollar slide.

“The Chinese are going to do what the Chinese want to do, not what we want them to do," he said. "I believe the Chinese are going to send Treasury Secretary Paulson and Fed Chairman Bernanke home packing, with little or nothing to show for the trip."

How severe will the coming dollar collapse be?

"People in the U.S. are going to be hit hard," Chapman warned. "In the severe recession we are entering now, Bush will argue that we have to form a North American Union to compete with the Euro."

"Creating the amero," Chapman explained, "will be presented to the American public as the administration's solution for dollar recovery. In the process of creating the amero, the Bush administration just abandons the dollar.”

The prophetic warnings of these American economists are, indeed, coming to pass as during the month of September alone, 10 years worth of gains on US stock markets have been wiped out in their entirety and bank runs are now occurring in the United States for the first time since the days of the Great Depression leading to the failure of 13 banks, some of their largest, and the imminent failure of 117 more forecasted by the US government.

US Treasury Secretary Paulson, however, continues leading the charge attempting to force upon the American people the ‘final peg’ to their own demise by completely bankrupting the United States leaving no other choice but to completely discard the almost totally worthless US Dollar and its replacement with the Amero.

It goes without saying that the American people will greatly resist the replacement of their Dollar, but this cannot be said when tens of millions of them are without jobs and their life savings have become worthless leaving them with no other choice but accept what their own leaders have planned for them all along.

For myself, I think that the day such an announcement of the Amero replacing the Dollar is made, is the day I may be left with no choice but to start killing the people involved in destroying my nation.

Posted by HalTurnerShow.com at 10/01/2008 06:25:00 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

For myself, I think that the day such an announcement of the Amero replacing the Dollar is made, is the day I may be left with no choice but to start killing the people involved in destroying my nation.

Thats the part that jumps out at me.

Thats the part that jumps out at me.

:pac: Zealous patriotic vigilantism at its worst. I often wonder if the folk behind these kind statements were just looking for an excuse to take arms and maim in the first place.

I was pointing out that you could have compiled those links several posts ago, as requested, rather than attack me and my fragile ego.

Where did I come across as having a problem? I said that it seemed no-one here had heard of it other than you, and at that point in the thread that's how it was.

I already admitted I was incorrect and that you didn't make the claim.

On those links, one of them is from 2006, so I would be of the opinion that it was a forgotten article that was then circulated around October 2008 and picked up by those websites.
    There's talk of causing the dollar to collapse, and while it did lose a lot of value towards the end of last year it was due to fairly obvious economic reasons. Now that Europe is up **** creek just like America, the Euro has lost a fair amount of value, with the Dollar regaining some value. Even with the loss of value of the Dollar, it's not like it completely collapsed, it's been lower before now.

I was pointing out that you could have compiled those links several posts ago

The OP has been ammended as requested.

The OP has been ammended as requested.

Shall we let it go so?

• Advertisement

Of course.

Fair point about the dates of the articles. Failed theories have an obstinate way of reviving themselves.

Fair point about the dates of the articles. Failed theories have an obstinate way of reviving themselves.

Not exclusively CTs either, a while back the Google news aggregator picked up a story from several years ago about a company, which then turned up on other news sites and the share value of the company in question plummetted.

*EDIT* Just checked, it was American Airlines and the share price fell by 75%.

Therein lies the dangerous sways of disinformation. It frustrating that many CT sites out there whose apparent intention is to quell disinformation actually propagate it themselves. No wonder mainstream theories have such little credibility.

So whats the verdict? It would seem that not a shred of truth exists from which the claim could have spawned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The Amero hasn't been created yet, its a proposed currency for North America.

Is it even a proposed currency outside the ranks of the CT forums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Advertisement