Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX and Windows 7 beta.

Options
  • 17-01-2009 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I installed the beta of windows 7 and FSX and seen a huge difference from Vista SP1. Both are 64 bit versions. Its running much smoother in W7. I can max out the game no problem now when I couldnt with vista.
    Anyone else using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Thats very interesting. Was actually going to ask had anyone tried it yet, I presumed the beta wouldnt be good enough to use with games. Probably because I havent used a beta since Win2K :) Might give it a whirl. How do you rate Windows 7 so far?

What graphics card have you got? Perhaps the driver for Windows 7 is better in someway.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

pclancy wrote: »
    Thats very interesting. Was actually going to ask had anyone tried it yet, I presumed the beta wouldnt be good enough to use with games. Probably because I havent used a beta since Win2K :) Might give it a whirl. How do you rate Windows 7 so far?

What graphics card have you got? Perhaps the driver for Windows 7 is better in someway.

Im using a Nvidia 8800gs. I used the upgrade feature to migrate from vista to 7. The driver that 7 picked is actually an older version of the one I was using in Vista.
    I convinced a friend of mine to upgrade too (fellow simmer).
    He has an ATI 4850 and he seen massive improvements in fps and textures
    etc also.
    Ive had the odd crash if I push 7 to the limit but overall Im very impressed. FSX is literally a different game and I wont be going back to vista.
    Even though its a beta 7 seems quite stable and Ive yet to have any issue
    with it.
    I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

I also installed Windows 7 and am running FSX with it and I have to agree with bandit. I have noticed a 100% improvment on how FSX handles. I have also been able to put graphics up to full with no problems so far. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4850 and my processor is an Intel Q6600 quad running at 2.4G
    Looks like Microsoft might have somthin good on their hands at last!! :)

Advertisement