Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had to buy shares in one of these...

Options
  • 16-01-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

..in the next few weeks..Aib or Boi? Long term/short term doesnt matter really whichever you think will give the best return on an investment in the coming days/months/years etc... And your reasons:D

Would You Buy Shares In... 4 votes

Bank Of Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    Allied Irish Bank
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

I guess aib would be a good investment which should yield good profit from todays closing price in 2-3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

AIB - best of two rubbish choices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

AIB - best of two rubbish choices

Yep, the way the anglo chairman behaved with hidden loans etc and the way the shareholders were shafted makes you wonder if aib and boi have some majoir issues concerning possible exposure to bad debts etc, the markets sure seem to think so, I will probably hold onto my aib stock and hope withinn a few years that i might see some profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

ranger4 wrote: »
    Yep, the way the anglo chairman behaved with hidden loans etc and the way the shareholders were shafted makes you wonder if aib and boi have some majoir issues concerning possible exposure to bad debts etc, the markets sure seem to think so, I will probably hold onto my aib stock and hope withinn a few years that i might see some profit.

Ah for crying out loud mate will you go and read some of the posts here and on other forums and stop making crazy statements comparing Anglo to AIB.
    The markets dont seem to think AIB are in the same boat as Anglo, they think
    Ireland Inc is screwed. Its not a reflection on bad debt exposure at this stage.
    Irish bank stocks reflect the economic situation of Ireland at this stage not just
    loan exposure.
    The next person to talk about director loans bringing down Anglo should be bloody banned at this stage in my opinion.
    80m of loans on a 70bn loan book is irrelevant

Advertisement