Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Say I was involved in an Rté entertainment show...

Options
  • 16-01-2009 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

..and I was annoyed about the bad press my show was getting on Boards.

It seems that all I have to do to put an end to it is use a few counteractive posting ID's and throw in a few personal comments about the presenters, and Voila : Thread locked and slipping further off the radar by the minute. No further damaging comment on my show.

Closed thread count so far : Colm and Jim Jims home run, The Lucy Kennedy Show and now Nightlive, 2 of which are still running.

Educated guess? David McSavage's upcoming appearance on project ha ha means that the current P.H.H. thread has only days to live.

(I dont like him, but it's because I think he's unfunny, not because of his face, his arse or his sexual habits, all of which will no doubt be commented upon unfavourably as soon as his show airs, resulting in the thread being closed.)

Might I suggest maybe rounding up a few more moderators to watch out for this, and a ban for repeat offenders who insist on posting irrelevancies, instead of just shutting up shop and denying those of use who can stay civil and concentrate on the topic of what makes good/poor television (and don't have any perceivable agenda) the right to comment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wolfgang123

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

David McSavage? Uh oh.... :)

OK, there's probably a grain of truth in your post Bondvillain. I'll tell you what - I'll start new Lucy and P.H.H. threads later today, and lay down some ground rules in the opening post. Anyone who breaks the ground rules will be infracted, the offending posts will be deleted (not edited; deleted) and repeat offenders will be banned.

If we could have a rule where posters with less than 100 posts couldn't comment, I'd love it. Since we don't, we have to be absolutely ruthless with the threads or we'll be back to square 1.

Deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Excellent proposal.

Deal on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

..and I was annoyed about the bad press my show was getting on Boards.

It seems that all I have to do to put an end to it is use a few counteractive posting ID's and throw in a few personal comments about the presenters, and Voila : Thread locked and slipping further off the radar by the minute. No further damaging comment on my show.

Closed thread count so far : Colm and Jim Jims home run, The Lucy Kennedy Show and now Nightlive, 2 of which are still running.

Educated guess? David McSavage's upcoming appearance on project ha ha means that the current P.H.H. thread has only days to live.

(I dont like him, but it's because I think he's unfunny, not because of his face, his arse or his sexual habits, all of which will no doubt be commented upon unfavourably as soon as his show airs, resulting in the thread being closed.)

Might I suggest maybe rounding up a few more moderators to watch out for this, and a ban for repeat offenders who insist on posting irrelevancies, instead of just shutting up shop and denying those of use who can stay civil and concentrate on the topic of what makes good/poor television (and don't have any perceivable agenda) the right to comment?
    Interesting hypothesis! I love uncovering shill networks so if you want to send me the links to the suspected posts - stick them up here and I'll do some researching. We've caught some major companies doing this type of behaviour in the past, but to the positive promotion. Eg Universal Music and TV3.

Incidentally, by mentioning this you are now enticing a self-fulfilling prophecy fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

It wouldn't surprise me if this was going on and having rules for the thread in the opening post seems to be the best way to combat it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

you really undermined yourself with the 100 post non rule

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok I've removed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lbyrne1981

Can we lift the 'percievable agenda' clause? That would only leave a few os us left surely?

Anyway, if your putting a posse together count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

Set up a sticky thread at the top with the names of shows which got slaughtered here to the point of deletion perhaps?

a television hall of shame

that only mods could post in of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I never noticed this but if people are doing it then it's not fair, surely we could just remove the comments and not the entire posts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

David McSavage's upcoming appearance on project ha ha means that the current P.H.H. thread has only days to live.

McSavage finally figured out how to get a show on RTE -appear on Channel 4 first.

Advertisement