Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any idea what it is?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

right now there is a huge bright object in the sky, its not the first time ive seen it. all over xmas it has been there, missing somedays back others. if its a space station then they must have a massive construction crew up there working around the clock cause the size of this thing is impressive. i would say it is to the northwest in the sky. an unusual characteristic i noticed was when clouds were hiding the stars, this was clearly visible, till a typical irish sun-blocker moved past itwink.gif is it a planet? if so its grown over the years or its coming closer. any ideas out there to what it is? around this time last year there was something similar, possibly the same thing, in the sky. i asked at the time to various friends and was given a "concrete" conclusion that it was the sun reflecting off a nearby planet!!?? this was posted on sites as to the mystery of this thing. now, i would assume that if that was the case the reflection would diminish as the planet and ours rotated and continued on its/our orbit, but hours later it was still as strong. im no astronomer but i love looking at the sky above me and this object now, the size, brightness and seemingly closeness of it are things i would have noticed had it always been there.
    appologies for making u read so muchsmile.gif hehe
    but has anyone any idea what this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The moon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

sounds like venus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

It's definitely Venus, enjoy it while it's still around!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was wondering about this myself... seems to be still south-ish in the sky, and actually haven't noticed it moving... is this Venus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Clif7

Yep, it's Venus

• Advertisement
Advertisement