Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD WOW... Never again

Options
  • 15-01-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi Guys,

just to give the heads up. On the 27th of November, I ordered a DS Lite game from CD WOW for Christmas day, no indication on the site suggested the product was not in stock. On the 10th of December I mailed the company to query its delay. I was not panicking as this was a popular game and it was an essential present for Christmas morning and with 2 weeks to go, I thought I would be safe. How wrong I was.

On the 11th of December, they replied quickly that it they were making every effort to dispatch the product and if I wanted my money back, I could do so. I requested the refund but on the 16th, low and behold, the warehouse had confirmation of the product and were dispatching it to me. I was relieved as it would make Christmas day.

Needless to say, despite it been dispatched on the 17th of December, the product has to this day never arrived. I mailed them on the 6th of January and was informed they were sorry to hear about the product not been received and asked me to confirm my address and if I would like a refund or replacement. I replied asking for a refund. This was their last mail to me. I have mailed them twice after their last reply and have still to hear on whether I am receiving a refund or replacement. My credit card still has yet to be refunded.

I have combed the website and surprisingly enough, the only way to contact the company is through a email service. I am very unhappy about this and wish to let those know about my experience.

What do you think is my next step here, no product and they still have my money.

Many thanks for your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

at christmas 07 i ordered Transformers as a gift for someone(a then 5 yr old child who didn't understand the concept of ordering online!!) and even though i ordered it in mid-december and within the time frame needed for Xmas delivery. By Xmas eve it hadn't arrived; it took until 29th for it to come. I emailed them and they apologised, but it didn't make up for the fact that i had to spend my lunch break on Xmas eve queueing in HMV to get a replacement dvd to have on Xmas day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

CDwow have been, for about 2 or 3 years now, utterly crap. Have a look in Online Buying and Auctions and you'll find plenty of threads, with advice, like this one.

Chargeback on the credit card you used to pay should work, unless you used Laser. Ask CDwow for a refund as it hasn't turned up yet would be the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

According to http://www.whois.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=cdwow.ie&x=0&y=0 CDWOW is also called "Music Trading On-Line (BVI) Ltd" (?).

Music Trading On-Line (BVI) Ltd
    domains@cd-wow.com
    +44 1494 683500, Fax: +44 115 8770213

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jessie08

I ordered 3 CD's from them in September for my boyfriends birthday in October. When his bday arrived I had received 2 of them but no sign of the other one. I emailed them and they said that they would send out another one. I received the other one 2 weeks later (which was November at this stage) then in December the original one arrived with the postmark dated September! 3 months for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

When CD-WOW first started off they were fantastic. Really cheap prices and fast delivery. And if you shopped around the various versions of the site, .hk, .com etc, you could get some things for an extra 1 or 2 euro cheaper due to the currency fluctuations.

Then they got sued by the BPI in the UK I think and things went downhill fast. They were sued basically because the BPI didn't like the fact that CD WOW would source their stock from wherever they could get it cheapest, whether that was from the UK, mainland Europe, the far east or the States. I think they were caught for something like £30 million if my memory serves me correctly.

They were then taken over and from then on things were never the same. I remember waiting about 4 months for a dvd of "Point Break" to come in, so went off them after that.

However I did order a cd just before Christmas which did actually arrive within a week but to be honest I still wouldn't rely on them now for something that you're in a hurry for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

I find them very touch and go with their delivery too. I ordered two games back at the start of December last. One came within a week or so. Still waiting for the other to be delivered. :confused:

Advertisement