Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offsite backup tape storage

Options
  • 15-01-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

After a bit of a google and no joy:

Does anybody know of any companies providing an offsite backup tape storage / backup tape vaulting service other than Iron Mountain in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

There's a company called Network Recovery who have a vault out by Baldonnel that I've dealt with in the past. They've been pretty ok, nothing spectacular (though it is only tape storage). The other big name would be Oman who have let me down on a few occasions in my last place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

What's Iron Mountain like in an recovery situation? Reliable??

Sorry OP, I've heard of keepitsafe based out in Malahide but couldn't tell u what they're like?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

preilly79 wrote: »
    There's a company called Network Recovery who have a vault out by Baldonnel that I've dealt with in the past. They've been pretty ok, nothing spectacular (though it is only tape storage). The other big name would be Oman who have let me down on a few occasions in my last place.

So Network Recovery don't do a tape collection service?

After posting the thread I was speaking to a friend who mentioned Oman he said they had been pretty good, but that's the way it goes with these things, one bad experience with a service like that is unforgivable.
    The_Edge wrote: »
    What's Iron Mountain like in an recovery situation? Reliable??

Sorry OP, I've heard of keepitsafe based out in Malahide but couldn't tell u what they're like?:confused:

The reason I said other than Iron Mountain is that I knew of them from using them in the UK. While we are going to get a quote from them I was wondering what the other options were. Another company I found last night were Glenbeigh Records Management based in Damastown, Dublin 15 (same as Iron Mountain). I used Iron Mountain in the past for a customer in Reading and they lost a bunch of tapes etc etc, but I wouldn't tar the Irish operation with that brush until I use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

We use Iron Mountain in work and find them very good.

I know of the name Wincanton, but I don't know if they do what you're looking for. Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

We use Filestores based in Park West, very happy with them.

http://www.filestores.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Iron Mountain are very good, they have a very good turnaround with tapes, they also do a good online backup and are fully SOX compliant.

Used them in the last place I worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Jackz wrote: »
    So Network Recovery don't do a tape collection service?
    sorry, hould have been more specific .. yes, they do tape collection and storage. as well as other disaster recovery type services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Oman Archives {currently changing name to Oasis} are another company that do offsite tape/drive/data storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ccorr2009

fricatus wrote: »
    We use Iron Mountain in work and find them very good.

I know of the name Wincanton, but I don't know if they do what you're looking for. Might be worth a try.

they store files and tapes, they were "Data and Storage Management" before they rebranded.

They will do tape storage, when we used them they would do a pick up once a week on a roster. Also they were would deliver quickly if you needed the tapes back to do a restore. Also the staff were helpful when you called which is always a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭tech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Wincanton (formerly Data and Records Management). Been using them for 7 years, never a single issue.

Advertisement