If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Update on Order for Samsung Series 6, Blu Ray, HDD and Stand

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm looking for an update on an order. I was dealing with Dave in your mail order dept and he was very helpful when I spoke with him last week. I can't get through by phone now to follow up.

I ordered a 40" Samsung Series 6, as well as a Blu Ray player, DVD HDD Recorder and a stand, for delivery to Co. Kildare.

I don't mean to be too pushy as I know you are having difficulty getting stock and I appreciate you are probably very busy with sales, but with sterling getting stronger I'd like to tie it all up soon, especially while the window of opportunity with the missus is still open ! :D

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Golden,

thanks for the mail and apologies for the delay!

We are hoping that the 686 Sammy will free up next week (Tuesday hopefully!) if you drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie I'll know what the position is on Monday/Tuesday latest..

Thnaks again and apologies for the delay

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

John Mc

Thanks for the swift response. Dave e-mailed me after your reply and I gave him my mobile number. I haven't spoken with him yet though.

I'd love to be included in that batch if at all possible.;)

Golden,

Dave is off today (wish we employed robots) - do you want to drop me a mail direct to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll see if I can arrange some boardie queue skipping - I should know on Monday what we are getting on the 686 next week!

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John Mc

Thanks again. E-mail sent to you just now.

johnmc wrote: »
    Golden,

- I should know on Monday what we are getting on the 686 next week!

Thanks again,

John Mc

Hi John

I got your reply to my e-mail going through the order. Thanks for that and I have replied twice clarifying what I want to order.

I'm still none the wiser though as to when it will be available. My Blu Ray discs are burning to get used !! :P

Any date for the 686 please !!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

I just thought it's only fair to update this thread.

I got my order delivered personally by John on Saturday afternoon. Delighted with the products and the service. Can't fault them and I will definately use Richersounds again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

It's a great TV isn't it? I picked one up at the weekend and have been very impressed.

Having one slight issue though - I get a flashing single pixel white line on the far right when I'm watching my Blu-Ray player or my PS3 in Just Scan mode. You seeing anything similar?

Remote,

keep me posted on this - if you need it swapped over just drop me a line if you are concerned about it,

Thanks for the business and keep in touch,

ATB,

John Mc

Cheers John,

I believe LCDs need time to settle in, so I'm just keeping an eye on it at the moment.

Best.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

remoteboy wrote: »
    Cheers John,

I believe LCDs need time to settle in, so I'm just keeping an eye on it at the moment.

Best.

R

Is this line of pixels on the very edge of the screen, the whole vertical height of the screen? If so, it sounds like some "overscan" is appearing on the viewable area of the screen and its actually normal I think, depending on how you have your TV set up.
    I have seen it on one or two normal DVD's that I've played back on my Sony blueray player.

On my Sony LCD, there are picture settings, which allow you to change from "Full pixel" to "normal". When I switched between those settings, the vertical line I saw on one particular DVD on the edge of my screeen appeared / disappeared. Does it happen on all discs you play, or just one or two? In my case I only saw it happen on 2 DVD's.

• Advertisement

Remoteboy - I haven't noticed a similar flashing pixel.

One thing I do notice however is while watching with the screen setting of 16:9.

Watching RTE ONE last night and the "NE" of RTE ONE was missing to the right hand side of the screen. Looking at the same show on my other older tv not only was RTE ONE displayed entirely, but there was about a further two inches of screen.

Any solution to this....?

One thing I do notice however is while watching with the screen setting of 16:9.

Watching RTE ONE last night and the "NE" of RTE ONE was missing to the right hand side of the screen. Looking at the same show on my other older tv not only was RTE ONE displayed entirely, but there was about a further two inches of screen.

Are you using Sky? If so, make sure your Sky box picture settings are set to 16:9. NTL boxes should have similar settings.

Then, your TV should auto-switch to the correct aspect ratio (it's called "WIDE" on Sonys) whenever a widescreen TV program / DVD is on. Most stuff on RTE is widescreen nowadays, including the news.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    On my Sony LCD, there are picture settings, which allow you to change from "Full pixel" to "normal".

Hi Joe,

There's a similar setting on my Samsung. It's called Just Scan and it provides 1:1 pixel mapping. When I activate it I get the flashing line thing when I play Blu-Rays from my Sony BDP S-350 (Wall-E, The Dark Knight). It looks like an overscan issue alright but I though the point of 1:1 pixel mapping was to eliminate overscan/underscan.

Thanks for all the help.

R

GH,

My Sky Box looks fine on my TV. I have the picture mode on the TV set to 4:3 and the picture mode on the Sky box set to 16:9 and the output set to RGB. Ext 1 on the TV supports RGB from the Sky box, so you get a nicer picture than from Ext 2.

Leaving the TV set to 4:3 means that when a 4:3 picture comes in it's displayed correctly and when a 16:9 picture comes in the sky box forces the TV to expand to 16:9.

Best.

R

remoteboy wrote: »
    Hi Joe,

There's a similar setting on my Samsung. It's called Just Scan and it provides 1:1 pixel mapping. When I activate it I get the flashing line thing when I play Blu-Rays from my Sony BDP S-350 (Wall-E, The Dark Knight). It looks like an overscan issue alright but I though the point of 1:1 pixel mapping was to eliminate overscan/underscan.

Thanks for all the help.

R

Yeah, it definitely sounds like overscan. I only saw it when watching a couple of normal DVD's with full-pixel enabled. When I disabled full-pixel, the line also disappeared. I didn't see the problem on any blueray discs (I have both those movies too!).
    I posed the question on avforums, and thats what the guys there told me. They said that full pixel is intended really only for HD content. But it seems strange you are seeing it on bluerays though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.