Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straw poll on lag for WoW

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Guys, Long time player of WoW, but noticed recently that my lag is starting to become an issues. It is regularly over 600ms and in recent days it is more in the 800-1100ms range. I'm on the old 3MB package with BT(exchange has not been upgraded for higher speeds yet).
    Last night I restarted PC to try and (magical) hope it would resolve the issue but then could not make a network connection at all for 15-20 mins. Once I got back in it was back to 600-800ms range.

Perhaps BB has just become more popular where I am.
    Just interested to know what kind of numbers others experience.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

There's an issue with Northrend (caused by wintergrasp) and 10/25 man instances (caused by something else) in particular that they are hoping to resolve in the next patch according to blue posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Hi Drakar,
    Yeah I've seen those posts but I've only just reached Outlands with my latest toon.
    With the disconnect it appears to be my own network or ISP connection, but just curious to know what kind of lag others get. I'm sure in the past it would have been in the 100 or 200s...just can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Just as a note you dont happen to have some McAffee bits running in the background do you? I remember way way back when in BWL but a good few in our guild were having D/C probs in the first room turned out to be McAffee and even turning it off wasnt working you had to uninstall it....

Do people still get to bitch about Telia any more?

100 - 200ms would be normal I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Ya their are some latency issues alright. The worst time being from 7pm till around 12 or so. Its expected like, thats when everyone is online and everyone is in naxx raiding so basically just put up with it for a while and hopefully blizz will have it sorted by the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

if you live in the midlands are expect pings +500ms from 6-12 pm every night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

neilk32 wrote: »

ditto its a big eircom fault imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

neilk32 wrote: »

Hiya Neil, can you give some further information on this?

Had more disconnections during yesterday but by the evening when I was on WOW I was getting speeds of 100-110ms.
    Fastest I've had for a long time if not ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

elexes wrote: »
    ditto its a big eircom fault imo

guys ive been playin wow since novmebr and thsi si the worst its ever been... im also a paddy power poker player and the connection the the server on that the past week alone has been dreadful. Im on an eircom bd package. doesnt seem to be to be a wow orientated thing more so irish servers/hosts. i could be wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's been fine for me. The odd lag spike where it hits 2k for about 10 seconds, but that only really happens once every few days.

I was getting roughly 150-170ms way back when I was using Windows, this dropped to about 70ms when using Linux and has been pretty much consistant ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I'm in sligo, I used to ping 30 on cs server in the uk, now its a STABLE 50, never anything above that, in wow I ping about 80-100ms, my download speeds are a solid 320+ a sec.
    On the eircom 3meg package.

I do believe the exchanges are gettting new customers, which is resulting in bad routing / high pings. I don't know for sure.

Bah wish I had swedish interweb :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

guys ive been playin wow since novmebr and thsi si the worst its ever been... im also a paddy power poker player and the connection the the server on that the past week alone has been dreadful. Im on an eircom bd package. doesnt seem to be to be a wow orientated thing more so irish servers/hosts. i could be wrong tho.

Similar story for me, although for my sins I've been playing wow alot longer. Lately WoW has been tragically laggy,so much so that I've had the odd disconnect from the Server, not very helpful for a Azjol-Nerub run TBQH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Cant say I've experienced any serious lag issues, have had a few server disconnects while in Dalaran. Usual is between 80-200ms. On Eircom 3mb on the summerhill exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

JackieChan wrote: »
    Hiya Neil, can you give some further information on this?

Had more disconnections during yesterday but by the evening when I was on WOW I was getting speeds of 100-110ms.
    Fastest I've had for a long time if not ever!

hey sorry about the delay in the reply, well basically every evening when the kiddies get home from school and at weekends the contention for those on the portlaoise server which is most people around the midlands is horrible. Every night from around 6 to 12 the pings i get on wow vary from 400-900 and xbox live is unplayable for me and many people in the area.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460295 take a loot at that thread lots of angry people that nothing is being done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

24mb ntl with a nice and stable ping of between 20-70 constantly. I do experience the odd lagspike in wintergrasp though.

Advertisement