Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Streak Audience

Options
  • 15-01-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

If this needs to be moved, please feel free!
    I've had a WS Dream Ticket for over a week now and am going to send it in today. I know it's fairly unlikely I'd get my name called but the thing that is putting me off is the audience bit because I don't have a huge circle of friends or relations so I think I'd have a few seats spare! :( does anyone know how many people you have to take with you to the show or what are the arrangements regarding guests? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trying to think of where to move this....

If I remember correctly, they get thousands and thousands of entries per week, and randomly pick 100 to use in the studio (out of which 5 are picked). The odds that you will get picked are very very slim indeed.

On the offchance that you are picked - they've done this type of show for over 10 years at least, so its something they'll have come across before. I'm sure they get random strangers to pad the numbers.

Just send the ticket and cross your fingers. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Abbey theatre has had large cutbacks this year due to the recession so I'm sure you could find a few starving actors hanging out there who will be happy to play your friends and family for a pittance.

Anyway like has been pointed out, it's not a problem until you get picked to go on the show so worry about it when and if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Assuming that you do win then sure invite us along!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

fifomania wrote: »
    I don't have a huge circle of friends or relations so I think I'd have a few seats spare!

Don't worry, if your ticket is drawn to go on the show you'll suddenly have lots of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I think there is also a requirement to bring some people from the shop where the ticket is bought, at least that's what I remember when one of my neighbours was on it.

As others have said, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

D-Generate wrote: »
    Assuming that you do win then sure invite us along!

Yay. Wooo!

We can make a big 'GO fifomania!!' banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

would love to see how Kathryn & Co would handle it if Jimmy No-mates turned up for the show???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

How bizarre. I was thinking about this exact same scenario yesterday. I would love to turn up with one supporter and sit them in the middle of an empty block of seats all by themselves.

Considering how the show sort of relies on people mildly publicly embarrassing themselves anyway, you might as well go against the grain and get a laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Post in your ticket and worry about the friends/family thing IF you get chosen and as other posters have said there is only a very slim chance that you will.
    Besides IF you do get chosen you are guarenteed to have people looking to come!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

1966 wrote: »
    would love to see how Kathryn & Co would handle it if Jimmy No-mates turned up for the show???

Probably give them the evil eye. Kathryn Thomas is one hideous looking woman ... even by RTE stanards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Cruel ................. but do feel the wardrobe Dept on WS are having a laugh with the clothes she wears !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The audience are told to cheer for all the participants because no one goes home empty handed. So if you have no friends or family your sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I was at a show earlier last year and had an absolute blast. I was pretty much screaming and shouting for two hours. It was mad craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This could be tricky. I'd imagine the few friends you have would probably be too embarrassed to sit through this cringefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was at a show earlier last year and had an absolute blast. I was pretty much screaming and shouting for two hours. It was mad craic.

Do RTE supply a bus for each group to get to the studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

deisemum wrote: »
    Do RTE supply a bus for each group to get to the studio?

Didn't for us, anyway. There was only six of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

what would happen if you dont work or stuff?,telling the presenters,mmm im drawing the dole lol

Advertisement