Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Problems

Options
  • 15-01-2009 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I get paid weekly except for over the Christmas period where I was paid in advance due to the payroll dept being closed for that period (fair enough). This advance payment was not correct, and so after alerting my supervisor and HR I was assured that I would receive all the money that was owed to me on the next possible payday in January. That payment was not correct and last week's was not correct. I was assured by HR that it would all be sorted by today and they told me how many hours they were putting through for me which I agreed with- guess what, the money I received is still not correct.

Because I am receiving lump payments it's making my tax out of whack (PAYE will sort itself out but it's forcing my PRSI into the next bracket).

This is frustrating as they now owe me nearly a grand in unpaid wages. No one else is suffering from these problems and it's a reputable company who are not struggling to make ends meet.

I suppose I want to ask, how do I approach this? I have been using the softly softly approach and have been very understanding (people make mistakes) but still assertive. However at this stage I'm the one struggling to make ends meet. I want to go in guns blazing, making demands (not sure what demands exactly, but I feel hard done by!), but I have a feeling that this will do more harm than good.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

tell them you need the money and you would like cash or a cheque.

this happened to me recently and because i was a smallish company i got a cheque.

however, in a previous job with 400+ employees they also offered me a IOU, which they told me was money (i'm not 100% sure what it was because i turned it down as it turned out to be my banks fault)

just make it clear to the person responsible that you need the money.
    if its an honest mistake once you gently suggest that its urgent they should oblidge.

hope you get it sorted!

Advertisement