Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Speed Upgrades

Options
  • 15-01-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering does anyone know if it's possible for ibb to upgrade their speeds?? With more and more isp's supplying services at 7mb,10mb etc (at least in theory) Ibb seems to be fairly pricey still at almost 50euro pm for a 3mb connection..

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the alvarion gear that ibb use can only support a max of 3mb, can anyone confirm this?

Then again if imagine's history is anything to go by they won't even consider upgrades if people keep paying them without complaint.. (+ I noticed they added an installation fee to Breeze, I guess they have to make their money somewhere)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

alvarion gear can defiantly pass more than 3Mb, IBB offer a 4Mb service with a 4:1 contention on breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Sales of 2MB and 3MB services by IBB are to be discontinued from this friday to be replaced by 4MB and 6MB or so I've heard.

Have not confirmed with anyone in IBB yet but their gear is definatly capable of at least 6MB so it would not surprise me if this happens.

Don't know what will happen to existing 2MB and 3MB customers but it would seem very unfair if they were not upgraded if the pricing stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Interesting..

Would be great if we were upgraded!

Hmm.. this is kind of worrying..

The 2mb and 3mb options are gone from the site.. and this is all that remains..

ibbth0.jpg
    So looks like they are only offering 4mb now at a higher price than the 3mb package (and here was me looking for a free upgrade)

Edit: It looks like they are now offering 6mb to business customers so at least we know for sure what they are capable of...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,326 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Redisle wrote: »
    Hmm.. this is kind of worrying..

The 2mb and 3mb options are gone from the site.. and this is all that remains..

ibbth0.jpg
    So looks like they are only offering 4mb now at a higher price than the 3mb package (and here was me looking for a free upgrade)

Edit: It looks like they are now offering 6mb to business customers so at least we know for sure what they are capable of...

They've also doubled the 'Set Up fee' from 50 euros to 100 euros....

I was going to call them on friday to have their service installed in my house, but now I'll be calling them to say they've just priced themselves out of a customer.

• Advertisement

More like increased the setup fee from 0 euro to 100 euro. it was always zero until imagine took over the company.. I think it's only been 50 for a few weeks..

So it looks like they will be leaving all the existing customers on the slower packages and just selling 4mb rip-off from now on?
    Anyone have any other info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I've been a happy customer of IBB for 4years now. I'd be interested to know this too. €48.40 isn't very competitive for 3Mb so i have started to look around at the other options. Another upgrade would make me think twice. I'd be thinking 6Mb would be acceptable, not so sure about 4Mb.

Advertisement