Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview..Please Help :)

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

I have an interview for the hibernia course next thursday. I just did the st pats interview a few weeks back but didn't get it. I knew the irish interview didn't go well but not being cocky or anything like that I was VERY happy with the english interview but I only got a C which I was very disappointed with. has anyonw any advice on what they are looking for in the english interview?

In my st pats interview I honestly thought I said all the right stuff..they asked about my thesis which was on primary teaching and what I do with my niece and nephew so it was nothing hard and thought I gave two coherent answers. So now I really want to do well in this interview but am uncertain about what they are lookin for in the english interview?

also i'm quite worried about the irish one..any advice?

apologies for the long winded message...its me nerves :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Hi Goonaroo,
    Hard luck on the St. Pats interview. But, you'll get there. Don't give up.I'm currently counting down the days until I start Hibernia on the 14th Feb. Can't wait!!!!
    Anyway, firstly I'll say, take yourself over to www.educationposts.ie
    There's 100's of people over there going through or have gone through the same of this & who are very happy to answer your questions, & there are loads of similar topics to this, including the types of q's asked, etc...

Anyway, the interview isn't about how great you are, & how great your achievements are, it's how they can benefit the classroom, & how the classroom would be a better place with you in it. So, when answering your questions, angle them in a way as to show why your skills, interests, abilities, would be great in your classroom.
    Know about the changes in the curriculum since 1999
    Know about current problems in the classroom (they're more interested in the difficulties internation students bring to the classroom as opposed to overcrowding, underfunded)
    Are you involved with children outside of school? Do you volunteer anywhere?
    Do you play sports, music, good at IT, etc? All these are great skills to have in any school, so if you have them, sell them. If you do any coaching, tell them.

In the Hibernia interview, there's also a quote you have to discuss. These vary. Like I said, check out the site I mentioned. All the details are there.
    Anything else, just ask.

Oh, Best of Luck!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

do you have any idea when the interviews for the October session will stop? I was surprised that there are interviews going on so early... im not in the country and its starting to worry me, i was hoping to apply but I assumed that itd be july august time... any idea???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I think they will have finished before then!
    Possibly as early as May / June.
    Think numbers could be reduced too, but not sure, so your best bet could be to phone them & ask.

Advertisement