Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and tan and the 50th anniversary medal

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Have a pair of these medals, issued to a relative, just curious to know if they are valuable. Black and tan medal doesn't have the comac bar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

A tan war medal?

Worth a small fortune.

http://www.adams.ie/

They're the people to speak to. Most items during the last 1916-22 auction they held went for crazy money to be honest, in many cases more than I imagine the items to be worth. I think the auctions title is Independence, and it's annual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Theres been a few on Ebay lately,haven't been making great money like they used to,people are watching there pennies,if you were thinking of selling them I'd been inclined to hold onto them for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Don't think I could sell them really, but they are definitely more valuable then I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

arnhem44 wrote: »
    Theres been a few on Ebay lately,haven't been making great money like they used to,people are watching there pennies,if you were thinking of selling them I'd been inclined to hold onto them for now

Most of those are fakes. There's a new batch of fakes after being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I was talking about the genuine ones,not those cheap and cheerful reproductions that are listed up all the time.Any real ones are still slow to gather any real value even ones with combat bars,there has been many gone unsold in the pat few months,that is why I would advise anyone who was thinking of selling with the expectation of making alot of money to hold off until theres a better market comes around again

• Advertisement
Advertisement