Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diversity visa

Options
  • 14-01-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

hi,

i am thinking of applying for the diversity visa for the u.s. next year and was wondering could anyone clear it up a bit for me,

how many diversity visas are allocated to ireland?, can anyone apply?, what is the official site to apply? has anyone here been successful in applying? and if you "win" what would make you ineligible for the visa?

sorry for all the questions but the whole thing is wreking my head:(

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

about 250 spots for irish -

friend of mine got it

things that you need
    1. a degree or professional experience
    2. no criminal record
    3. money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

about 250 spots for irish -

friend of mine got it

things that you need
    1. a degree or professional experience
    2. no criminal record
    3. money

You do not need a dregree, a hight school education is plenty and you also do not need money, there is no obligation to show who much money you have.

Please don't put information on a thread without knowing the facts.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=963e6c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gary01

c-90 wrote: »
    hi,

i am thinking of applying for the diversity visa for the u.s. next year and was wondering could anyone clear it up a bit for me,

how many diversity visas are allocated to ireland?, can anyone apply?, what is the official site to apply? has anyone here been successful in applying? and if you "win" what would make you ineligible for the visa?

sorry for all the questions but the whole thing is wreking my head:(

thanks,

You need:

Either, a degree or a 12 year high school / primary and secondary school education will do. Or you can also qualify if you have work experience.
    As far as money goes, it is an issue in my opinion as as outlined in their instructions and from my own personal experience with the whole process.

You need one of the following three:
    1) A US job offer
    2) Enough funds/assets to meet the outlined poverty guidelines (around $12,000)
    3) An affidavit of support (i-134) a USC/LPR who will sponsor you

That's just been my experience with it though, might differ from case to case.

Advertisement