Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man U v Wigan, on in any pub in town?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if any Pub in town will be showing the

Manchester United v Wigan Athletic match this evening in the English Premier League.

Its not on any TV channel here in Ireland, so I was hopin some pub in town has access to some sort of foreign satellite setup.....???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good afternoon Charles. Pighead knows of two places which are definitely showing out (bar cancellations, electricity blackouts or stolen televisions). Sinnots, opposite the Gaeity beside Stephens Green Shopping Centre and that place on O'Connell St that used to be called Frasiers but is called something else now. (Murphys?)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭charlesodowd

Pighead wrote: »
    Good afternoon Charles. Pighead knows of two places which are definitely showing out (bar cancellations, electricity blackouts or stolen televisions). Sinnots, opposite the Gaeity beside Stephens Green Shopping Centre and that place on O'Connell St that used to be called Frasiers but is called something else now. (Murphys?)

Cheers Pighead, dont suppose fitzsimons will be showin it?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Any ideas what channel it is on?

Codofwar wrote: »
    No idea if Fitzsimons are showing it Charles.

There's a Spanish station called gol that are showing it. Probably a couple of Scandinavian ones too. And for anybody staying in it'll probably be online via the usual streams.

Codofwar wrote: »

Its on SkyItalia 3

[HTML]http://guidatv.sky.it/guida_tv/evdetail.do?id=17224004[/HTML]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

There's talk about this in the soccer forum (the Utd v Wigan) thread. Some of the posters there have mentioned a couple of places and I think it was said by someone it was on Gol (Spanish channel I think) if that's any use to ya?

Edit: damn pighead :)

Pighead wrote: »
    No idea if Fitzsimons are showing it Charles.

There's a Spanish station called gol that are showing it. Probably a couple of Scandinavian ones too. And for anybody staying in it'll probably be online via the usual streams.

U know any stream i cud watch it on?

edit: P2P is disabled here on college campus so.....??

check myp2p.eu closer to K.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

And does anyone know is it on anywhere in cork city?

well when i was in UCD i couldnt watch any of last years games on the campus network so just got myself an O2 wireless dongle....sorry can't be of anymore help.

Best shout is to get out to a pub and watch it there, will be more reliable than a stream too!

• Advertisement

I usually use www.atdhe.net. Usually good quality streams. United match should be on it. Maybe it's not blocked in your college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

a) why is this in Beer Wine and Spirits?
    b) why has it been resurected after almost a year?
    That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

kenmc wrote: »
    That's all.

As it turns out united are playing Wigan tomorrow night and it isn't televised again...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

still doesn't explain part the most important bit, part a)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

kenmc wrote: »
    That's all.

And you know what.... maybe the mods aren't around to deal with it but it's nice to see an thread, which could have been posted in a better forum, not get locked or moved and left to its own devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ponster wrote: »
    And you know what.... maybe the mods aren't around to deal with it but it's nice to see an thread, which could have been posted in a better forum, not get locked or moved and left to its own devices.

:confused:

It's not a BWS thread though.

I moved the post from this thread to an appropriate forum.

Seriously, if you have a problem with Moderation take it to CMod or helpdesk. Or PM me.

Christ almighty.

I look forward to no PM. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement