Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qualifications to teach abroad

Options
  • 14-01-2009 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

My goal is to become an elementary school teacher in the USA.
    I have a first class honours arts degree [media&communications and psychology]. I know I could apply for the teaching H Dip, but I really don't think I could handle the Irish oral exam. I got a B or C in honours Irish in the leaving, but it was a total fluke, and I really don't get Irish. It seems a shame that it is such a big part of the course, when I plan to teach abroad and therefore not use Irish.

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent H Dip taught in the UK, or elsewhere and how expensive they are? And whether they, or the Irish H Dip will qualify me to teach in the US?
    please excuse me if these questions have already been brought up in another thread!

Comments

Advertisement