Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding tutors and absenteeism?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have a tutor that hasnt been in since late November. It is now January and we havent gotten one assignment brief for the year. I understand that if a tutor is out any longer than a ceratin length that a substitute needs to fill their place until they come back. Am i right and if so how long is the period that they need to find a substitute after?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You specified what level you're at. PLC? IT? University?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Cmc29

Im in a college of further education

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Cmc29 wrote: »
    Im in a college of further education

It's not clear from your answer if that is second level or third level.

Either way, I think you need to ask in the college itself. Is there a course leader or co-ordinator? That should be your first port of call.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

In a university it is normally the case that if a tutor is out for more than a week or two a replacement is normally found until circumstances allow the 'original tutor' to return. Has anybody from your tutorial group mentioned the tutor's absence to the course office or co-ordinator, or, indeed, the lecturer? If not, I'd suggest you do this as soon as possible, but try and approach the person in a non-confrontational manner and put as nice a light on it as possible. It's much more likely that you'll get a better service that way than somebody going in and saying 'my tutor hasn't shown up, what are you going to do about it'.

Advertisement