Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just found an old issue of C&VG and I'm raffling it!!!!

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Who wants it?

Issue #178 - Sept '96

It has reviews for Super Mario 64, Nights and Quake. It was well worth reading again, so I thought I might share the moment and offer it to someone who would appreciate it.

If your interested in it, put your name forward and it will be placed in a hat (a fedora hat actually). The draw will take place this Saturday the 17th January 2009 @ 1pm. Entries can not be accepted after Noon that same day. The winner will be informed by PM and announced on this thread.

Good luck to you all!

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention that this is a FREE DRAW and it's not a joke!

Regards,

phillo

70331.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ah sure stick me in. would make an interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sure put me in too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Exhumed! What a forgettable but cool FPS. Recently someone sent me some old PC magazines, can't remember who but they sent a few - from about 96 and 97, and it was absolutely hilarious to read reviews calling £250 8MB Video cards and Pentium 2 400mhz CPU's 'so fast it defies belief' and Quake II and Shogo: MAD as 'the most astounding looking' games on PC.

I actually got Quake II when it first came out so that brought back some fond memories though, but I was too young at the time to really care about buying games magazines (I would have been about 10).

I used to buy CVG all the time it used to be a great magazine, but then it got sort of crap. Haven't read it in years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Throw my name down as well. Love reading through my old copies of Sega Power, Arcade, Gamesmaster and Sega Zone :) Everytime I'm in the attic I dig them out and spend about 2 hours flicking through them. Pity my Commodore Format mags got thrown out, that was a quality mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Im in, that mag looks quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

I have neglected to mention that the winner will have to collect the priceless piece of retro literature or send a SAE (Self Addressed Envelope) .

I wish you all the best of luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah go on so, put me in

PS, i like the way it has a retro section in it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

put me in please, i have a good few copies of NMS somewhere, ill try find them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I *think* I still have loads of super nintendo magazines. I can't remember the name of the magazine itself at the moment.

If anyone was interested they'd be welcome to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's super play I'd be very interested, let us know anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ah Commodore Format... didn't last very long at all sadly. I used to get that and Zzap (and still have one or two of each hidden somewhere). I remember CF for the issues with the Speedball 2 and also the Turrican 2 demo's. Memories..... I'd nearly pull out the C64 for old times sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Cheers phillo,

Lets go back to Sept 1996. Put my name in also please!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it's super play I'd be very interested, let us know anyway

I think so... all I remember is that it had an A-Z list of games with cheats at the end of each magazine. was pretty comprehensive.

Heh - I've got an old copy of PC Format Gold '93. Over 400 games reviewed.

Sorry folks, I'd never get rid of it though! :p

just google image searched super play. doesnt look like what i have. ill actually have to go up to the attic to check..

I'll probably be still interested if it's a decent mag. I'm pretty clued up when it comes to the megadrive but the SNES is a console I'd like to know a lot more about.

The names in the hat so far are:
    1. 120_Minutes
    2. o1s1n
    3. Retr0gamer
    4. corcaigh07
    5. atavan-halen
    6. admiralofthefleet
    7. djsim

If you think your name should be on here, let me know and I'll add it to the hat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Phillo will you put me down aswell? I'd be really interested in just reading through it, I'd be more than happy to pass it on to someone else here when i'm finished reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

had a look around for my old mags but id say they have all been burned or something. had some sweet Official Sega Mags around which was a quality mag, the best official mag i ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

phillo wrote: »
    Who wants it?

Issue #178 - Sept '96

It has reviews for Super Mario 64, Nights and Quake. It was well worth reading again, so I thought I might share the moment and offer it to someone who would appreciate it.

If your interested in it, put your name forward and it will be placed in a hat (a fedora hat actually). The draw will take place this Saturday the 17th January 2009 @ 1pm. Entries can not be accepted after Noon that same day. The winner will be informed by PM and announced on this thread.

Good luck to you all!

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention that this is a FREE DRAW and it's not a joke!

Regards,

phillo

70331.JPG

40 quid put me in !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Add me too please

The follow names are going into the hat :
    1. 120_Minutes
    2. o1s1n
    3. Retr0gamer
    4. corcaigh07
    5. atavan-halen
    6. admiralofthefleet
    7. djsim
    8. witnessmenow
    9. papajimsmooth

Good Luck!

:pac::pac::pac:corcaigh07:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:mad:

*Rips up tickets*

Heh.

Enjoy man :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah well :rolleyes:

Don't be downhearted. I'm still cleaning the room, it's full of a lot of s#!t. Maybe another little treasure might be found among the debris..

There might be another raffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

This is one of the best issues of CVG. It's a pity everybody can't have a copy. Big reviews of NiGHTS, Quake and Mario 64. I think it had a Street Fighter 3 preview too.

I have a weakness for old video game magazines. I'm still looking for all CVG issues before August 1996, back about as far as mid 1994. Or any other old magazines that are going to waste, I'd like to know about.

I was telling a friend of mine about this raffle. He said he has a few old C&VG' stored away. He might be willing to part with them for a small fee?

I'll ask him what issues he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Good! Thanks! The small fee is no problem. I noticed I don't have June 97, or many from about 1991 and back either.

Advertisement