Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo Club in Roscommon?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm French, living in Athlone and new on this area.
    I saw on Roscomon Herald that one judo club is running over there but I dont know if he is still alive.
    Link:
    http://archives.tcm.ie/roscommonherald/2006/04/19/story3473.asp

I'm very disapointing to find nothing for training, I used to go in Dublin and Galway but it's to far away to my home and I spend more time in my car than on the mat.
    I'll be very happy if somebody knew one place for get a training. By the way, if you have anything I'm allright with grappling, jjb, greco or other.

Regards,
    Renaud.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

There were two judo clubs in roscommon town, one for the general public and one for the schools. Im not 100% sure but I think the general club is no longer in operation but the schools one is still running.

I think there is a judo club running in ballygar which would prob be the closest club but I don't have any details about it. Otherwise the only other judo clubs I know of in the west are oranmore or galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

Hi,
    Thanks very much for your answer.
    I found and tried one yesterday, very close to my home in Lecarrow and I'm very happy with this.
    I'll keep in memory the other in Roscommon in case if I need.

Thanks again,
    Reno.

Advertisement