Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pitfalls of multi tabling

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

had to post this from amatays blog (http://amatay.blogspot.com/).... gave me a right chuckle :)

Since my last post i have managed to win myself about $1.2k which is quite nice and i've also started to play proper mtt's again with my best finish thus far being 25/478 in an $8r with $2.8k ftw. However, despite this moderate success i found myself in a rather unfortunate and somewhat slightly awkward position the other night which underlines some of the disadvantages of of multay tarbling...

One of the well documented pitfalls to playing many tables simultaneously is of course the fact that your concentration levels and ability to play your very best poker significantly diminishes with each added table. Despite these well publicised problems of multi tabling a further and much less written about issue concerns the lack of breaks in play and more specifically a lack of toilet breaks. I found myself faced with this problem the other night when needing to take a massive dump whilst nine tabling the $26 45 manners on ftp. Usually i just sit out a few blinds and quickly nip to the bog to do my business, job done. However, i had stacks in about six games plus i was at the final table of two of them so i couldn't really afford to miss a hand. I also kinda had the feeling that this particular **** wasn't gonna wait for a few minutes and also that it wasn't going to be one of those nice 1-2 minute clean breaks jobbie's either. So, i had no other option than to take all nine tables off my wide screen monitor and move them onto my laptop and take my lappy to the throne with me so i could have my poo. To my relief i got to the ****ter just in time complete with my lappy and quickly pulled down my pants sat down and started to take my dump whilst continuing to play poker. However, in my haste i hadn't popped my cock into the actually toilet bowl and ended up pissing all over the floor, my jeans and even sprinkled some on my laptop, **** my life!!! So there i was sat in this precarious position taking a **** and covered in my own piss whilst my laptop was furiously bleeping at me lol. It all ended well though as i managed to ship a few of the games for a tidy little profit, next time i will be more careful. Beware the pitfalls of multi tabling!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

LOL, lovely images there... :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There's sharing and there's sharing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Kwality, people are looking at me strange at work iv been laughin now for nearly 5 mins ( who knows might get a few ''mental health'' days yet) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

140i1b6.jpg
    Oh dear i've soiled myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Speaking of sharing, I recently found myself in the position of needing to get sick and take a dirty dump at the same time. Which takes preference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is there no possibility of a toilet/sink combo kind of position?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Not unless I was Stretch Armstrong, No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

AdMMM wrote: »
    Not unless I was Stretch Armstrong, No.
    what about a toilet/bucket combo:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I know this is results based thinking but how did it play out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

wear a nappy in future:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Speaking of sharing, I recently found myself in the position of needing to get sick and take a dirty dump at the same time. Which takes preference?

If it was runny poo then it is a tough decision. Otherwise, if likely to be less spread from that end then puke takes preference as harder to clean imo. I assume you didn't use the bucket/basin option. Alternatively, containing pants and a shower/washing machine might minimise cleanup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

:pac::pac::pac::D:D:Dam in nots laughin....:p

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hit the showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Oh Jesus, that takes me back. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Take off your cacks, get sick in them, and sh1t on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Is there no possibility of a toilet/sink combo kind of position?

Only ever been in that situation once, and I hope never to be again....

Dodgy "food" after copious amounts of alcohol on a lads weekend away, and the sink was agonisingly so near yet so far......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Strip off and get in the bath. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Happened to me once on a NINE HOUR transatlantic flight after getting food poisioning from something that I eat before boarding the plane. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. To make matters worse, it got so bad, I had to eventually call an air steward, just my luck, the hottest female steward ever came along, explaining what was wrong with me was pretty embarrasing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Happened to me once on a NINE HOUR transatlantic flight after getting food poisioning from something that I eat before boarding the plane. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. To make matters worse, it got so bad, I had to eventually call an air steward, just my luck, the hottest female steward ever came along, explaining what was wrong with me was pretty embarrasing :o

I had a similar experience to that, except it wasn't from food poisoning so much as the fact I'd headed to my 6am flight straight after a session in town. To make matters worse, I also had a hot female steward but she tried to tell me that I couldn't use the toilets while the plane was still in take off. Things didn't end so well for her* :pac:

*NOT my proudest moment. Thankfully it was only a couple of hours and I was about the only one who managed to sleep through it afterward...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

This is one of the maddest, most random threads I ever remember reading in this forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

A "Reverser" my mate calls it, take the back off the toilet and turn around:eek:, you know the rest, thankfully i never been in this situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i think the forum is reaching an all time low :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

BHW wrote:
    A "Reverser" my mate calls it, take the back off the toilet and turn around, you know the rest, thankfully i never been in this situation

LOL Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

brilliant BHW. have never heard of that technique myself. if i was ever in a similar situation myself, or had no bog roll, i'd just jop into the shower, which is just a walk-in bidet really. had to use a half focus point from a ten packet of embassy to wipe my arse once. extremely difficult procedure

Advertisement