Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seacht - Season 2

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Was anyone watching the first episode of series 2, which aired tonight?
    Thoughts?
    Not too sure yet, what to think - may have to watch it again.
    Think the Hollyoaks writers they have working on it now may have managed to f**k it up. The best thing about the first series was that it was unique and not like any other show on the telly. Even the camera work at the swimming pool at the end wreaked of Hollyoaks style and the cliff-hanger ending. Maybe I'm being too harsh - I'll probably watch the episode again and think differently.
    Another thing I didn't like was the cast changes. They've replaced the actors for Brian, Bill and Máire. I like Cillian, who's now playing Brian, but don't know if he can pull it off as well as Diarmuid did. So far not a fan of the new Bill and Máire.
    As for the brand new characters, Marcus and Paddy - not too sure about them either. This episode was clearly aimed at introducing them and all I thought was Marcus is an ass and Paddy is nowhere near as interesting as the other female leads.
    I do like the idea of them all living in the same house, but I hope that Pete and Eithne break up, because the happy couple thing is just annoying.
    Generally the first episode after a long break can be a bit dull - especially when new characters are introduced, but hopefully it will pick up next week and we'll get to see more of that first season magic.
    All in all though, this is still my number #2 show on the telly, second only to Ros na Rún.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I only caught the arse-end of this, the last 15 minutes or so, but it looked ok. A bit of an edgier feel to it camera-work style and I thought the cliffhanger was a nice touch (ruined though with the episode 2 preview seconds later).

I thought they had Hollyoaks writers for the first season also, one of them being Irish or something, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I only caught the arse-end of this, the last 15 minutes or so, but it looked ok. A bit of an edgier feel to it camera-work style and I thought the cliffhanger was a nice touch (ruined though with the episode 2 preview seconds later).

I thought they had Hollyoaks writers for the first season also, one of them being Irish or something, no?

Thought they were only brought in for this season, but maybe there was one of them on before. Two extra episodes this season than last, so that's something to look forward to?
    Anyone reckon TG4 or BBC will consider releasing the show on dvd? I'm sure it would sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'd buy it for Linda Bhreathnach alone.

Oh, I heard TG4 are releasing old seasons of Ros na Rún, so they'll hopefully follow suit and throw loads of their shows on dvd. I'd love to see older stuff like CU Burn get a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd buy it for Linda Bhreathnach alone.

Oh, I heard TG4 are releasing old seasons of Ros na Rún, so they'll hopefully follow suit and throw loads of their shows on dvd. I'd love to see older stuff like CU Burn get a release.

Source for dvd releases of Ros na Rún?

I know Linda - very sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AnSpaisteoir

I thought it was pretty good...I totally agree about the Pete and Eithne situation though..They were sickening to watch. This whole happy-ever-after thing better not go on for the whole series because it was boring enough for one episode. I disagree about Paddy not being as interesting as the other lead females...I thought she was by far the most interesting character of the episode, and I thought she was a brilliant actor too...One to look out for in the future I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarah113

I know Linda - very sound.

she isnt actually gay is she?...i doubt it...but hey wheres theres a will!

i dunno i think seacht will come into itself this year! they always choose good music anyway!
    Not so sure about paddy...shes kidna wrecking my head!

Advertisement